The Bubble Genius Bob & Chez Show 4/17/14

bcs_frenchie

Not Joke: Harry Reid and the Bundy Ranch Terrorists; Alex Jones and Ron Paul Inciting Armed Conflict; Edward Snowden’s Big Wet Mouth Kiss to Putin; Glenn Greenwald and The Guardian Win the Pulitzer Somehow; Obamacare Surpasses 8 Million Enrollments; The 2014 GOP Midterm Strategy; Greg Gutfeld’s Ridiculous Rant; and much more. Brought to you by Bubble Genius, the BobCesca.com Amazon Link and the Bowen Law Group.

There’s more political talk in this week’s After Party — Friday at Noon eastern time. If you’re not a member, subscribe already. Only $6/month, cancel any time.

Download the mp3 (54 minutes, 23mb)
RSS Feed
Bob & Chez Show Archive

Bubble Genius

This entry was posted in Bob and Chez Show. Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    “Domestic terrorism.” (Cue predictable wails of outrage from the Right.) Sounds right to me, although I’d add “seditious” to the description for the sake of completeness.

    The self-proclaimed militia types who waved their penises firearms around in support of Cliven Bundy are pathetic—they fancy themselves Mighty Warriors, but they strut and preen and brandish their weapons like the dumbest gang members on the planet (although pissy eighth-graders is a fair description, too)—and if they weren’t armed and dangerously stupid they’d be good for a giggle. Unfortunately, as I’ve said before, nothing good will come of this.

    Bob, the Right was convinced that Bill Clinton was corrupt and un-American, and lots of people made lots of money selling books and DVDs purporting to expose Clinton’s perfidy (not just Whitewater or getting a blowjob in the Oval Office, but supposedly allowing drug-running at the Mena airport while he was governor). Now, the Right is convinced that Barack Obama is corrupt and un-American and evil incarnate, but very few people have figured out how to monetize their hatred. The internet is a more effective megaphone than vanity-published books and crappy DVDs, but on the bright side, almost nobody’s getting rich off Obama Derangement Syndrome.

    Chez, the nitwits in cowboy drag less of an idea what a range war is than you (hint: historically, it hasn’t been ranchers versus The Big Bad Evil Gummint).

    The sad thing is that, post-Cliven Bundy, the federal government is (understandably) going to approach every enforcement action as a prelude to armed conflict, and I can guarantee that every level of government will follow suit. Cliven Bundy and his supporters will have brought about the exact thing they claim to fear: a militarized government. Cui bono?

    Ron Paul really needs to take a long draft from a frosty mug of STFU.

    “Since when did conservatives become all about lawlessness instead of law and order?” 20 January 2009, but you knew that.

    Seriously, what the everloving fk did Charlie Pierce think was going to happen when Edward Snowden fetched up in Moscow? That Snowden would turn on the country that gave him asylum? The Russians have—to borrow imagery from Pierce himself—Snowden’s balls in a Mason jar buried somewhere on the Kremlin grounds. “This, dear boy, is a very bad move”? Sweet merciful McGillicuddy, Pierce, your boy Snowden would have disappeared from the face of the Earth if he hadn’t given Vladimir Putin that big, sloppy, wet kiss on the lips. (We all have blind spots; this is Charlie Pierce’s.)

    Greg Gutfeld thinks he’s funny? So he’s a simpleton and delusional. (Bob, so you know, Ripple went off the market in 1984. Night Train and Thunderbird, on the other hand, are still being produced.)

    Chez, punching down is never funny, but the Right will never understand that.

    –alopecia

    • aynwrong

      Well said. Very well said.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    The homeless-TV-show pitch, “They’re wacky, but they’re wise,” in The Fisher King was actually delivered by John DeLancie (Star Trek‘s “Q”), not David Hyde Pierce, who played Jeff Bridges’ agent.

    Great movie, BTW.

    Gutfield and his idiotic rant is just another classic example of the Right’s persistent, incurable self-congratulation and resentment. I doubt they could breathe without it.

      Whoops. Yeah you’re right.

  • beulahmo

    Dear Bob & Chez,
    Folks. We say it in Texas too. Also howdy. So bite my butt. :-D

  • Henry_Moody

    Great show. A few thoughts.

    - Bob. As good as your Don Bidondi is, your Alex Jones is at least equally as spot-f’ing-on! Seeriously…a little surreal.

    - Folks. I agree. And the biggest offender, BY FAR, is O’Reilly. Forever fighting for “The Folks.” ( <= Totally on purpose. Take that!)

    - If you can be arrested for yelling "Fire!" in a crowded movie theater, why hasn't InsHannity been cuffed, printed and booked for the barrel of gasoline he's pouring on the Bundy Ranch sh*t-show? No joke. While I haven't tortured myself by listening to much of Alex Jones' melt-down on the subject, and haven't subjected myself to hours and hours of Sean Flintstone's screed, I've listened to enough to know that if one were to count up the number of times Hannity has uttered the words Waco, Branch Davidian, and Ruby Ridge, the number would be STAGGERING. (It's his new Bill Ayers/Jeremiah Wright.)

    - Begging your pardon, but "Hannity" on Fox would be called "The Ten." Have you forgotten about his demotion? Getting BUMPED and replaced by Megyn Kelly? (Ouch!)

    - Chez is right. Gutfeld is a c***.