The Bubble Genius Bob & Chez Show 4/2/14

bcs_gohmert_wall

One Way Wall: Another Special Wednesday Show; Another Fort Hood Mass Shooting; Supreme Court Decides to Allow Unlimited Campaign Contributions; The Naivete of the Chief Justice; Greenwald on Citizens United; Rand Paul Defends Tax Cheats; Bob’s Obamacare Success Story; Unskewing the Obamacare Enrollment Numbers; Fox News Accuses Administration of Cooking the Books; Louie Gohmert Explains that Wall Between Church and State is Somehow a One Way Wall; and much more. Brought to you by Bubble Genius, the BobCesca.com Amazon Link and the Bowen Law Group.

There’s more political talk in this week’s After Party — Friday at Noon eastern time. If you’re not a member, subscribe already. Only $6/month, cancel any time.

Download the mp3 (55 minutes, 23mb)
RSS Feed
Bob & Chez Show Archive

Bubble Genius

This entry was posted in Bob and Chez Show. Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    On his day, Gene Roddenberry could write better than fair scripts, but subtle he wasn’t. After that clip, I don’t want you guys to moan about how on the nose and exposition-filled TNG scripts were.

    Chez, we really don’t need to know about your firmability. Thanks.

    “Let’s make stuff up.” Ah, the cable news model of reporting.

    Everything that happens, from a shooting on an army base to a cat pooping in Alex Jones’s roses, is a false flag operation to distract from whatever the voices in his head are talking about that day. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again in case Jones or Dan Bidondi is having someone read this to him: using (and misusing) military terminology doesn’t make you sound smarter, it makes you sound like a doofus, so stop it.

    I’m not sure what to make of John Roberts. Is he so naive that people falling off turnip trucks look at him and think, “What a rube!”? Is he so jaded by our politics that he doesn’t care? Have his legal decisions been paid for already? Is he comfortable with plutocracy? It doesn’t matter, I suppose, because whatever the reason, the rest of us are stuck with the cynical and seemingly deliberately faulty reasoning of Roberts and the other Cons on the Court.

    Even if we accept Mr Chief Justice Roberts’s reasoning that campaign money per se doesn’t buy favors, campaign money buys access.

    Steve Benen points us to Ari Berman, who wrote in The Nation:

    The Court’s conservative majority believes that the First Amendment gives wealthy donors and powerful corporations the carte blanche right to buy an election but that the Fifteenth Amendment does not give Americans the right to vote free of racial discrimination.

    Makes an interesting contrast, that does.

    Rand Paul is a very stupid man. That is all.

    As I’ve said before, the French seem to have the most rational system in the world: reasonably generous benefits provided to all and paid for through taxes—single payer—with supplemental policies available from private insurance companies. The public likes the system, the government likes the system, the insurance companies like the system (their profits are good, so why wouldn’t they like it?).

    None of the Right’s predictions about Obamacare have come true, so they’re once again reduced to unskewing numbers they don’t like. It hasn’t done them any good in the past, but maybe this time will be different.

    Chez, it’s not misinformation, it’s disinformation.

    Wouldn’t it be nice if taking a class in reproductive biology were required before one could publicly state an opinion on contraception? Things would be so much quieter.

    Chez, I’m shocked you went for a food joke. I thought sure a product called a “Pig Popper” would inspire something different.

    Louis Gohmert is a very stupid man. That is all.

    –alopecia

    • Lady Willpower

      What is the deal with the “alopecia” thing?

      • muselet

        Really dull story: I used the screen name “alopecia” when I first started commenting at Bob’s. (Why? Because of a combination of male pattern baldness and self-deprecating humor.) Eventually he moved comments to Disqus and that name was already in use, so I had to choose another (a muselet is the wire cage that holds the cork in a bottle of sparkling wine, if you were wondering). I started using my old name as a signature line here and a couple of other places, to remind the people who knew me as alopecia who they were talking with.

        Dull, as I said. In the famous words of Tim the Enchanter, “I warned you.” :^)

        –alopecia

        • Churchlady320

          Actually is kind of interesting if only knowing there were two people with the name “alopecia”. Kind of mind boggling.

  • D_C_Wilson

    Bob, if you guys ever do an entire episode in your Bidoni voices, give us some warning so I know not to listen in my car. It’ll keep me from getting into an accident.

      We’ll circulate release forms so we won’t be sued.

  • OC_DC
    • Lady Willpower

      The sign of the true racist is that they never recognize their own racism. Suey’s got that bit down pat.

      • OC_DC

        I agree, but at the same time…
        The “liberal” view of racism is that it can only be racism if it’s from a position of power against a weaker one. Thus white male vs Asian female, only the white male can be racist. The Asian female is just prejudicial. One is an actual offense and punishable, the other is just hand waved away. That’s actually the text book academic version of it. So Park is 100% going by the liberal and academic versions of truth.
        So she’s technically correct. In the US due to power issues only whites can be truly racist. When it’s directed at whites it’s just prejudice or bias, but not “racist”.
        The problem is that most people don’t operate in their daily lives by the text book academic and activist version of the truth. In terms of day to day interactions with people, what she said is racist as fuck… but it’s technically correct enough you can’t call her on it and still call yourself a liberal, because she’s factually correct.
        It’s an argument that’s correct by the book, but insanely stupid and wrong when it comes to day to day living.

        • Lady Willpower

          Insanely stupid is definitely where I’d net out on that.

  • HilaryB

    All interviews with Gohmert should have that piano music playing in the background. It was perfect.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      I’d prefer the Three Stooges version of “Three Blind Mice”. Of course, you’d have to throw in Michelle Bachmann and Steve King to make it work.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Can we just stop assuming John Roberts and his fellow neo-cons in the Supreme Court are naive in making decisions like the one they made yesterday about unlimited campaign spending? These fuckers know exactly what they’re doing. They’re trying to tilt the advantage to the Republicans any way they can. Their decision to gut the voting rights act is along the same way of thinking.

  • drspittle

    Loved the Level 42 clip and discussion of the album.

  • Churchlady320

    I look at that photo of The Gohmert and realize he really thinks he’s smart and giving us something that will make us recoil at how stupid we’ve been not to listen to him all the time.
    The fact he believes what he says is appalling.