The Bubble Genius Bob & Chez Show 4/9/14

bcs_bobquast

Converservative: Another Special Wednesday Show; Tax Time; Senate Campaign Ad Threatens to ‘Blow Your Balls Off’; The Crazy Arms Race; Eric Holder versus Louie Gohmert; Cast Aspersions on My Asparagus; The Sound City Documentary; Texas is Insane; Ron and Rand Paul are Now Mainstream Republicans; New Clip from Alex Jones Sidekick Dan Bidondi; Our Dan Bidondi Theme Song; and much more. Brought to you by Bubble Genius, the BobCesca.com Amazon Link and the Bowen Law Group.

There’s more political talk in this week’s After Party — Friday at Noon eastern time. If you’re not a member, subscribe already. Only $6/month, cancel any time.

Download the mp3 (54 minutes, 23mb)
RSS Feed
Bob & Chez Show Archive

Bubble Genius

This entry was posted in Bob and Chez Show. Bookmark the permalink.
  • Henry_Moody

    This is last week’s show.

      The Soundcloud was last week, but the mp3 is this week.

      • Henry_Moody

        Yep. Got it. Good show. (I’m actually in Iowa for this Senate shit-show. Oy!)

          I’m sorry.

        • HilaryB

          My condolences.

          • Henry_Moody

            Yeah, yeah…I know. And in coming to this…place…for a couple of years to attend to family matters, where did I come from (for the last 20+ years)?? Freaking SAN DIEGO!!

  • Kitty Smith

    Bidondi actually says “gubmint”. He actually fucking says “gubmint”. The fuck.

      HAAA!

  • muselet

    “The Dan Bidondi Theme Song.” Oh, joy. I can hardly wait.

    I can’t put my finger on what makes that ad—and Bob Quast himself—so disturbing. It’s not the superficial charm or the gun fetishism or even the breezy mention of his murdered sister, but there’s definitely something off about him.

    Chez, it looks like a laser sight to me, too.

    Bob, if “testacular” doesn’t make it onto the various Word of the Year lists, there’s no justice in the world.

    The “you” Quast refers to (with his “elite law degree”) is Rep. Bruce Braley, who’s also running for Tom Harkin’s Senate seat, and who stupidly said that if the Rs take the Senate, the Judiciary Committee would be headed by Chuck Grassley, a “farmer from Iowa who never went to law school.”

    IMDb sez Julia Louis-Dreyfus was born 13 January 1961, so yes, she’s older than you two.

    Eric Holder has lost all patience with Louie Gohmert. It’s understandable—and, yes, very funny—but unprofessional. Letting a nonentity like Gohmert get under his skin makes Holder look petty.

    As Kevin Drum said this morning, in 2012 the R field was Mitt Romney and the Seven Dwarves. Rand Paul is the frontrunner for 2016 only because, and I quote, “But this time around, it’s just dwarves.” Rand “I’m A Libertarian Except When It Comes To Ladybits” Paul is the lankiest dwarf.

    Your Dan Bidondi Theme Song was excellent. The audio clip was … baffling and a little distressing. Bidondi was a pro wrestler in a previous career and may have taken one too many blows to the head. If he’s not in inpatient treatment for chronic traumatic encephalopathy in five years, I’ll be shocked.

    –alopecia

  • chris ellis

    Best free show thus far. So funny. Cant wait until Limbaugh interviews Peter Griffin, er Bidondi

  • Draxiar

    That show was a metric ton of sheer awesome! I had a hard time distinguishing Bidondi from Bidondi Bob!

    • Victor_the_Crab

      I can’t help but think Bidondi is Peter Griffin’s younger, dumber cousin with the way it speaks.

    • HilaryB

      Lol. I had the same problem.

  • Art__VanDalay

    Holy hell that was hilarious. I replayed those first few seconds of Bidondi talking about 8 times.

    • HilaryB

      It was. I’ve listened to last week’s show about 5 times now. Good stuff.

  • JMAshby

    I can’t believe you guys missed the Asparagus thing. I’ve referenced that at least two dozen times in the past year.

    Bidondi stuff was gut-bursting. Hilarious.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    I just can’t get enough of Bidondi tripping over and falling down comedicaly over the stupid words coming out of his mouth. And I just can’t get enough of the two of you laughing hystericaly at him and saying what a stupid idiot he is. That is just gold right there.

  • HilaryB

    I swear, there were moments when I couldn’t tell if it was you or Bidondi speaking, Bob. Great impression! Testacular show, also!

  • mrbrink

    Warning: Use caution when drinking a beverage, or eating soup while listening to this show. I know you think you can handle it. You would be wrong. So wrong. I hear that Billy Crystal line in City Slickers when they’re delivering the calf, “There’s gonna be bursting?

    And yeah, Ashby’s been messing with Gohmert on the blog regularly over “Asparagus” since last year. So much so, that AG Holder may have been taking notes. Shit, I know I do.

    On the technical side, gloriously produced show from start to finish.

    • HilaryB

      I love City Slickers.

      You’re awesome. Thank you.

  • Emily333

    Bob, I found this about Bob Quast’s sister.

    http://www.toledoblade.com/Courts/2011/05/15/Man-convicted-in-grisly-killing-of-wife-to-be-released-in-June.html

    Apparently the killer was her husband.

    • http://vermillionbrain.blogspot.com/ Vermillion

      Wow, that just makes that ad even worse. He made it sound like it was an unsolved case and the person who did it was a stranger.

      That just highlights the massive disconnect people like Quast need to indulge in to justify their gun lust. He has to know that his sister’s killer has already been convicted, and that it wasn’t some random guy showing up at her door, but someone she thought she knew and trusted, like most rapes and homicides. Instead he uses it as a dogwistle to the paranoiacs out there who think they are defending their homestead from the low-down varmints circling the farm.

      Using his own sister’s death to cynically garner support from gun nuts.

      Man, FUCK THIS GUY.

  • HilaryB

    Since Boehner won’t go to the schools anymore, the children should just invade his office and ask why he’s taking their school lunches away.

  • aynwrong

    So, I just finished listening to the show and as it happens I also had a drink to relax. And just as the buzz started to kick in…..so did the Bidondi. Dear God that man is a treasure. Please keep playing him.
    PLEASE!!!