The IRS Looked for ACORN More Than Tea Party Groups

According to IRS documents obtained by ThinkProgress through the Freedom of Information Act, democratic and progressive groups were actually flagged more than Tea Party groups.

The 22 “Be On the Look Out” keywords lists, distributed to staff reviewing applications between August 12, 2010 and April 19, 2013, included more explicit references to progressive groups, ACORN successors, and medical marijuana organizations than to Tea Party entities.

twittercards_Redskins_timeline

That’s right, the IRS watched out for potential successors to ACORN closer than they did the Tea Party. Furthermore, the last time a specific political affiliation was flagged was actually all the way back in May of 2011. We’re approaching May 2014 and Republicans are still fucking that chicken.

Something tells me ACORN being flagged more than the Tea Party isn’t the grand conspiracy House Oversight Chairman Darrell “Witch Hunt” Issa has sought to expose.

Personally I’d call this an injustice, not a conspiracy.

This entry was posted in Conspiracy Theory, IRS Scandal and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

    Well that’s a story you won’t see on Faux Snooze.

  • mrbrink

    Too late! No backsies! The meme sticks! Obama’s IRS goons led by Lois Lerner conspired with the White House to target good Christian conservative groups that are not at all undemocratic money laundering schemes, so that ACORN, if that is in fact its real name, could steal the election– twice!

    Conservatives are the victims, here. They say it, so it must be true. It fits perfectly with everything else conservatives have been saying about this administration, all of which can be corroborated by Fox News and conservatives.

  • notpilgrims2

    A few years ago, Lois Lerner admitted (and apologized for) the IRS targeting conservatives. The IRS needs to learn from their mistake of targeting conservatives.

    We don’t see a whole lot of coverage on the Daily Banter about the IRS targeting conservatives. They want to ignore it and shift the focus because they don’t care about the IRS targeting people.

    But we only need to look at the evidence to see that the IRS targeted conservatives, as noted by Lois Lerner.

    • notoriousbob

      The IRS “targeted” potentially political organizations who were applying for tax exempt status. That is their job. You can’t have a tax exempt status if your purpose is political in nature. Why do you support law breakers?

    • Sabyen91

      So…you ignore facts