Vance McAllister Displays His Family Values

If you’re going to bleat about conservative Christian values, you probably shouldn’t get caught on video cheating on your wife with one of your staff.

A local newspaper in Monroe, Louisiana obtained video of Rep. Vance McAllister (R-LA) kissing a member of his staff in his local district office.

The video shows a man, who the newspaper alleges is McAllister but whose face is not clearly identifiable, turning off the lights in a room and then embracing and kissing a woman.

The paper alleges that the woman depicted is a member of his staff.

McAllister, who is married and whose campaign message emphasized his conservative Christian faith, is allegedly shown in a romantic encounter that occurred in December.

It was Vance McAllister who invited a cast member from Duck Dynasty to attend the State of the Union Address. Those fellows, as you know, care a lot about traditional values which say gay marriage is an affront to the sanctity of marriage.

The Ouachita Citizen has the sleazy details and the video. This is definitely not a misunderstanding.

The woman who McAllister, 40, was caught kissing for almost half a minute is Melissa Anne Hixon Peacock, 33, of 400 Zachary Way, Sterlington. She is McAllister’s district scheduler.
[...]

Peacock donated $5,200 to McAllister’s congressional campaign last fall, according to the Federal Election Commission. According to the FEC, Peacock listed her employment at the time of the donation as a self-employed cosmetologist. She joined McAllister’s congressional staff after he took office in November. Photographs posted to Facebook show Peacock was involved in a number of McAllister’s campaign events during last fall’s congressional race.

Family values:

Throughout last fall’s congressional campaign, McAllister, a Republican from Swartz, touted his Christian faith and in one television commercial, he asked voters to pray for him. At least two other campaign television commercials featured McAllister walking hand in hand with his wife, Kelly, while their five children walked along. One television commercial captured the McAllister family in the kitchen of their home preparing breakfast before attending church.

Tell me again about the sanctity of marriage.

(ht Shawn Sukumar)
This entry was posted in Ethics, Religion and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Ned F

    It’s OK, he apologized to God and Jesus forgives all sinners, and everyone loves a repentant sinner. Move along, please send money.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Marriage is supposed to be between a man and a woman… and the man’s mistress, providing his wife and family and everyone who believes in his good Christian bullshit don’t find out about it, praise Baby Jesus!

    • D_C_Wilson

      Well, that is closer to the biblical definition of marriage as practiced by such holy men as Abraham, Jacob, and Solomon.

      • muselet

        But that’s different because reasons!

        –alopecia

    • Paul

      classic!

  • Lady Willpower

    As long as you cry and ask Jesus for forgiveness you can get away with anything.

    • D_C_Wilson

      Well, he’s a southerner and a “family values” republican, so he’ll announce that he’s found Jay-suz and all will be forgiven. Of course, if he was a northern democrat, Fox would have the tar and feathers ready.

  • Kennet

    Reminds me of one of our local heroes, Scott Desjarlais. Life begins at conception, unless said conception occurs inside your mistress. Then you sack up and tell that seductive, destructive whore to end it.

    As far as I can tell, it isn’t the officials that are as bad as the voters though. The only slap on the face here is to reason.

  • MiriamValleDeHernandez

    What a silly woman, throwing away her family for an old, married man.
    Found more of her photos here
    http://dailyentertainmentnews.com/breaking-news/melissa-anne-hixon-peacock-louisiana-congressman-vance-mcallisters-mistress/

  • mrbrink

    Sometimes I still can’t fathom the idea that in this country Duck Dynasty has to be convinced before we can move forward. Like, “whoa, whoa, whoa, just a second, there, Duck Dynasty has a point!” Those fucks play politics like suited banjos.

  • Micca Theobald

    cannot understand man! his wife Kelly who I found here http://wagpolitics.com/kelly-duncan-mcallister-louisiana-congressman-vance-mcallisters-wife/ is gorgeous, Melissa is not bad herself you can see her here http://wagpolitics.com/melissa-anne-hixon-peacock-louisiana-congressman-vance-mcallisters-mistress/, but come on she is his buddy´s wife, what a terrible mistake