Wingnut Sheriff Richard Mack is a Bad Liar, Rants About The NSA and IRS

SheriffMack

Remember the wingnut sheriff who told Fox News that the Bundy militia was planning to use women as human shields?

Former Arizona sheriff Richard Mack now says he wasn’t part of that, but that’s certainly not how it appeared at the time.

TPM: I saw your comments about strategizing to put the women up at the front, in case they did start firing it’d be women who were getting shot. I wanted to ask where you got that idea in the first place and why you thought it was a good idea.

MACK: I never thought it was a good idea. I was kind of surprised by the fact that they did. The mistake I made was it was never a strategy. It was never strategized. It was never talked about. The women just did it. I was never privy to that, so I thought they did strategize that. I thought that would be the only way they would send women up to the front.

Here’s what Mack told Fox News earlier this week:

MACK: We were actually strategizing to put all the women up at the front. If they are going to start shooting, it’s going to be women that are going to be televised all across the world getting shot by these rogue federal officers.

Mack now claims it wasn’t a planned strategy and that he simply assumed that was the case.

If that’s true, why did he add that they wanted the world to see women getting shot first? Did he assume that too, or is that what he wanted? Was that part of the plan? Was it part of his plan?

TPM’s interview with Mack covered a wide range of topics and, among other things, Mack says he wants the NSA to “stop doing the illegal wiretapping and monitoring every fax and computer and phone transmission.”

MACK: I would love the IRS to stop violating the constitutional rights of Americans. Stop the random audits. Stop the monitoring. Stop the checking, putting innocent people in prisons like they’ve done for decades. I would love the NSA to stop doing the illegal wiretapping and monitoring every fax and computer and phone transmission.

As you’re well aware, the NSA does not illegally wiretap or monitor every fax, computer, and phone transmission.

Being a part of the militia movement more or less requires tinfoil attire, but this particular fantasy has been given credence by Greenwald and Company and his colleagues at The Guardian.

The radicalization of this pet issue was seen coming miles away. Telling people that the government has direct access to their every thought with no oversight was not only a lie; it was irresponsible. The wrong kind of people are going to internalize that even if it is thoroughly debunked.

Congratulations on the Pulitzer for “public service.” The public service you’ve provided is handing unwarranted and unfounded credibility to the worst kind of people who are literally aiming their weapons at federal agents.

BundyRanchSniper

(ht Thomas Soldan)
This entry was posted in Conspiracy Theory, NSA, Wingnuts and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Draxiar

    “Yeah…that thing I said that you have on record? I didn’t actually say that.” He’ll make a great GOTP politician.

    • D_C_Wilson

      “Anyone who quotes me is a liar,” Newt Gingrich.

  • Da Dorq

    Misogyny as defensive strategy? Why, what perfect gents! Next, they’ll be launching babies in catapults.

  • ninjaf

    I guess he remembered that the Taliban also use women and children as pawns and human shields.

  • Nefercat

    Amazing the way “we” suddenly became “they.”

    Actually, he even claimed he was trying to get his gun-humping humanoid comrades to shove the womenfolk in front of the guns:

    MACK: “It was a tactical plot that I was trying to get them to use,” Mack said. “But tactically speaking, if they’re going to start killing people, I’m sorry, but to show the world how ruthless these people are, women needed to be the first ones shot.”

    What a surprise to this coward to find out that people thought it would show how ruthless he and his grunting band of chickenshit dipshits were, not the federal agents.

    Jesus, Mack. The Internets, They Are Forever. Try to keep this in mind, genius.

    • http://cendax.wordpress.com/ Norbrook

      The Internets, how do they work?

      It’s standard wingnut defense tactic, to claim that they couldn’t possibly have said what is on video or tape.

  • Mike Lumisch

    I’ll say this again: in my capacity as a university professor, the first thing I teach my students is that you can not believe something just because you think it would be great if it were true. That is the biggest and most common of the intellectual errors, and every scientist/citizen/human being must discipline himself against this error if he is to be an effective member of society.

    The gleeful rejection of this principle is why I am so angry with Greenwald and his merry gang of gullibles. They lap up every scrap of innuendo precisely as it feeds their little paranoid fantasies, plausiblity and internal consistency be damned.

    So now that heavily armed radicals have started shooting jews and blacks and liberals (What! Haven’t you been paying attention – how many Sikhs and Unitarians have to bleed before you notice?), and are actively threatening government agents in the course of their lawful duties, the pretend radicals get befuddled and wonder at how things turned so ugly – but it wasn’t anything they did or said, not no how. Nope, it must be that invisible cloud of evil that circles the globe and touches down at random spots with neither warning nor explanation.

  • stacib23

    I keep wondering how their women must now feel. How incredibly romantic – “hey baby, I love you so much I’ll let you get killed for me”.

    • Christopher Foxx

      Their women are probably as deluded and dumb as they are. So, yes, they see their menfolks willingness to abuse them as a sign of love.

  • Dennis Collins

    Every time I see the photo of the guy aiming thru the expansion joint, I think what if someone drove by and ran over his feet which are in the travel lane.
    also, he’s not too bright considering that his field of fire and vision are extremely limited by the narrow width of the expansion joint. He is also a coward since there are non combatants surrounding him, I guess he’s strategizing that the innocents will be killed on world TV as a response to his firing.
    These cretins actually think they can take on an organized police of military response group. Astoundingly stupid people.

    • harleyjack

      actually we are the 1% of americans who have served and trained by the us government and when shit hits the fan, the ex military have proven themselves under intense firefights and we would win. that is what they are afraid of. A revolt

  • harleyjack

    where was sarah palin mamma grizzley with her rifle and scope. Opps missing in action. what a tart