Another Talking Point Debunked

Republican have alleged that only 67 percent of Obamacare enrollees have paid their first premium, but insurance companies tell a different story.

According to the likes of Aetna, WellPoint and Blue Cross at least 80 to 90 percent have paid their first premium.

As many as 90 percent of WellPoint customers have paid their first premium by its due date, according to testimony the company prepared for a congressional hearing today. For Aetna, the payment is in the “low to mid-80 percent range,” the company said in its own testimony. Health Care Service Corp., which operates Blue Cross Blue Shield plans in five states including Texas, said that number is at least 83 percent.

At some point the GOP is going to run out of data points to attack and they’ll be left with nothing but conspiracy theories.

This entry was posted in Healthcare and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • D_C_Wilson

    Obviously, WellPoint, Aetna, and Blue Cross have been bullied by Chicago-style thuggery perpetrated by our feckless mom-jeans wearing illegal-alien-in-chief. Besides, Benghazi!!!

    Don’t worry, Ashby. They’ll have plenty of conspiracy theories to keep them busy long into the 2020s.

  • muselet

    The insurance industry as a whole contributes more to Rs than to Ds. I wonder how long it will take for the industry to get heartily sick of the GOP and even up the money flow.

    (Yes, I know the answer is “Ten minutes after the heat-death of the Universe.”)

    –alopecia

  • Ipecac

    “and they’ll be left with nothing but conspiracy theories.”

    Which they will then continue to peddle 24/7 because they will never stop fucking that chicken.

  • Christopher Foxx

    At some point the GOP is going to run out of data points to attack and they’ll be left with nothing but conspiracy theories.

    And that point will come in 1994.

  • joy13

    I’ve thus far paid over $2900 for my coverage, and yes, it’s still cheaper than I was paying ($581 a month down from $868)…

  • joy13

    Was it you I heard on Stephanie Miller today who said you ran into someone you knew from the health insurance lobby who said that the health insurance companies are doing just great under the ACA?