Another Unhinged Republican Campaign Ad [Video]

Iowa state Senator Joni Ernst (R), who is running for U.S. Senate, cosplays as Cobra and takes a shot at Obamacare. Or something.

Conservative Joni Ernst: mom, farm girl, and a Lt. Colonel who carries more than just lipstick in her purse.

Joni Ernst will take aim at wasteful spending and once she sets her sights on Obamacare, Joni’s gonna unload.

“Give me a shot” she says. Get it?

Joni Ernst joins the esteemed ranks of drone hunter Matt Rosendale, Bob “Blow your balls off” Quast, bobblehead slapper Beau McCoy, and cannoneer John Stone.

This entry was posted in Wingnuts and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • GrafZeppelin127

    “VOTE FOR ME, I SHOOT THINGS!”

    This is what they’re going with? Really?

    • D_C_Wilson

      Maybe they’ll let her shoot some moochers and welfare queens.

      • mrbrink

        I’m sure there’s a place in the desert, among the Oath keepers, Minutemen and assorted militia nuts where they can do that for the low, low price of a boisterous “yee-haw!”

  • Christopher Foxx

    “Give me a shot” she says.

    She deserves to be.

  • Nefercat

    What a horrid person she is. Also, “setting your sights on Obamacare”? So, you’re saying that you will do your best to take away insurance from millions of people and allow the insurance company death panels to return?

    Really? That’s how you plan to help Americans? Another stupid republican gun-fondler.

  • Ipecac

    Whew! 50 votes to repeal Obamacare have failed, but Joni, she’s gonna “unload”. I’m sure that’s a huge relief to conservatives.

    • D_C_Wilson

      Well, yes. Her and the other gun packing candidates. They’re not going to just repeal Obamacare, they’re going to blow its balls off.

  • HilaryB

    Is it just me, or did that target already have holes in it before she started shooting?

    • muselet

      It’s not just you. If anyone calls her on it, five bucks says she’ll claim she’s so fiscally conservative she reuses paper targets.

      On the other hand, that’s darn near the least insane thing about the ad.

    Pfft! A handgun. What a wuss. I want a candidate who will go all nuclear on Obamacare’s ass.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    The way things are going, this is where Republican gun nuts, like Ms. Ernst, are eventually heading towards:

  • gescove

    I like the way she points the muzzle of the gun directly into the camera as she jams the clip in and after she chambers a round because… gun safety!

  • Sabyen91

    After the narrator said “She carries more than lipstick in her purse” I half expected him to say, “Look at her penis. Look at it.”

  • Henry_Moody

    Here’s the sad thing. With the exception of a guy named Scott Schaben who’s a total non-starter and, honestly, comic relief at this point, she’s the biggest light-weight in the race. All due respect to her service in the National Guard…she’s in WAY over her head, which is painfully obvious every time there’s a debate. (And there’ve been a few in just the last two weeks.) But…she’s far ahead of two GOP candidates far more capable, and running in a practical dead-heat with another who’s out-spent her by miles. In other words, she’s got a real shot at the nomination. Unfortunately, I’m not sure the lack of any substance at all will hurt her in the general as much as being a woman and an active duty Lt. Colonel in the Guard will sway the “I don’t really pay any attention…BUT I DO VOTE!” crowd.

    Fingers crossed that Iowa will keep it’s proverbial head screwed on straight. Even in a mid-term. http://youtu.be/qLZZ6JD0g9Y

    • whoknowsanything

      No one will come close to the required 35% in the primary and the convention will choose the candidate. The convention is the craziest of the crazies and they will select the most far right candidate (Clovis) and Braley will win. But yes, we need to fucking show up and vote.

      • Henry_Moody

        I’m not quite as confident. Jacobs is taking a beating over the AWOL thing, and while the ads are ridiculous to you and me, I think they’re key in getting her these endoresements. Clovis KILLED in the debates, so I think his support is likely growing, but will the three men get more than 65%? (I don’t even count Schaben.) She’s got momentum on her side. And if it does go to Convention, I think the Lt Col with the ads everyone is talking about wins. (Although the Ron Paul folks might gum up the works in retaliation for getting screwed a couple of weeks ago. If they’re any factor still…i’m not sure how the Convention works. I am hoping for the HUGE shit show that it will surely be, though, if we’re lucky enough.)