Benghazi Derangement Syndrome

Picard and Riker Facepalm

“Tomorrow, President Obama is going to do interviews with meteorologists all across the country about a new climate change report. … I hope they ask him about Benghazi. Like the weatherman from Montana should ask him about Benghazi, that would be great. I dare you.” -Dana Perino on the 2014 National Climate Assessment

Yep, Jim Cantore and Al Roker should ask the president about Benghazi instead of the life-changing climate change that’s happening right now.

On one hand you have a nothingburger non-scandal and on the other hand you have a globe-spanning phenomenon that will change the lives of virtually everyone on the planet.

It’s a no-brainer; you have to go with Benghazi.

Conservatism is a mental illness.

This entry was posted in Benghazi, WTF and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • maquignon

    Global warming is the phony scandal, not Benghazi!

    • Lady Willpower

      Please proceed…

    • Nefercat

      There, there.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      Nice attempt at satire, but you fell flat on your face there, Boobie.

      • mrbrink

        Ha ha! You said, “Boobie.” I laugh in your honor.

      • Seedee Vee

        Sure are sad sad boobies over at the Daily Banter . . . .

        • Victor_the_Crab

          I’d behave yourself here if I were you, brat. Or you’ll get yourself banned at Bob’s blog like you seem to have over at the Banter.

          • Seedee Vee

            Thanks for the advice.

            I thought I was adopting the appropriate poetic stylings of the Banter, seeing what the title of the article was and all.

          • Victor_the_Crab

            You’re too stupid and immature to be able to duplicate the stylings of the Banter, brat. I suggest the likes of Fox Nation, Drudge, NewsBusters, the Yahoo comments section, and the like. They’re more your people.

          • Seedee Vee

            You, ma’am, are deluded as to your “specialness”.

            The Banter is a populated bunch of pathetic whining morons. Feel free to include yourself, your entirely undeserved pomposity, your continuious brain-dead “reply”s, and everything else associated with you.

            To think that you may actually believe that you are NOT a “stupid and immature” human being is almost amazing. But, this is America.

            Go Team!

  • captkurt

    WTF?! Even if the disparity between these issues wasn’t so vast, how could this line of reasoning make sense to anyone, anyone at all, outside of the Faux News bubble? These would make just as much sense:
    The President is going to speak to labor union members about job creation and on-the-job safety – I hope they ask him about Benghazi!
    The President is going to speak to recent immigrants about a path to citizenship – I hope they ask him about Benghazi!
    The President is going to speak to some uninsured about the Affordable Care Act – I hope they ask him about Benghazi!
    The President is going to speak at an inner city elementary school about the value of a formal education – I hope they ask him about Benghazi!

    But I guess it makes sense, if you take it as fact that ClimateChange is a nothingburger non-scandal and Benghazi is a globe-spanning phenomenon that will change the lives of virtually everyone on the planet (if we only knew the truth!)

  • vgranucci

    Does Dana Perino know the difference between Benghazi and climate change?

    • Nefercat

      No. Oh, was this a rhetorical question?

  • Nefercat

    I would caution against believing that Ms Perino might have a take on this that is brilliant in its profundity and that her perspective might be worthy of the deepest and most thoughtful consideration.

    Cuz on 11/24/09 she said:
    PERINO: “But we did not have a terrorist attack on our country during President Bush’s term.”

    Miss Canarybrains followed up with this when called on her stupidity:
    Perino: “I obviously meant no terror attack on U.S. post 9/11 during Bush 2nd term”

    In other words, “Sillies! I meant no terror attacks except for the terror attack on 9/11. That one doesn’t count!”

    That dingaling is a few apples short of a bushel. Stupid things fall out of her head on a regular basis.

  • Badgerite

    I am still having trouble trying to figure out what the Tea/GOP Party thinks the ‘scandal’ is here. This literally involves talking points for a Sunday political talk show. This wasn’t even a presidential press conference. Whatever actions were taken in forming the talking points were taken by people other than the president. And how you get from talking points for a Sunday talk show to high crimes and misdemeanors is beyond me. Not exactly the payment of hush money or bribes. The ‘talking points’ didn’t result in these 4 American’s being killed. So, as Hilary Clinton says, what earthly difference does it make?
    It seemed fairly obvious from the moment that this tragedy occurred that the GOP was going to try to exploit this for political gain. ( See smirking Mitt at press conference before election) So when they accuse the administration and Hillary Clinton of engaging in political spin, how is that different than what they are doing with the issue and meant to do with the issue from day one. They meant to portray this as an Al Qaeda attack whether it was one or not. And that issue is still in dispute. But it does not seem to me that they are anywhere nearer to showing what was the origin of the attack.
    Probably because they can’t. The information was murky then and it is murky now.
    Ergo, confusion in talking points.
    So they are focusing on talking points for a talk show. And THAT is their BIG ISSUE?
    Political navel gazing doesn’t even cover it.
    This is just welfare for Congress people.