Don’t Eat At This Shitty Restaurant Staffed by Shitty People

BigEarls

A gay couple were told that they are not welcome at Big Earl’s Bait House and Country Store in Pittsburg, Texas because the restaurant doesn’t like fags.

After eating breakfast at Big Earl’s Bait House and Country Store, Collin Dewberry and his partner Kelley Williams were told by their server that they were not welcome to come back, KTLV-7 reported on Tuesday. [...]

The server’s father, owner Earl Cheney (“Big Earl”), told a local reporter that while “homosexuality, Blacks, [and] Hispanics” were all welcome to eat at his restaurant, it was the duo’s public display of affection that lead to their banishment. “A man’s supposed to stand up and be a leader. He’s not supposed to be a woman. He’s not supposed to come in here in a dress,” he explained. The couple denied the Cheney’s claim that they had been rubbing legs and Cheney refused to show the reporter the surveillance video. Cheney’s admitted his daughter told the couple the restaurant does not “like fags.”

Telling the couple that they don’t “like fags” is really just the tip of the shitberg here.

BigEarlsStandards

Big Earl’s; where men are manly men and women are subservient ladies.

I’m sure the caliber of men walking into Big Earl’s Bait House is unparalleled.

You know what would undoubtedly fix this? A “religious liberty” law that says Big Earl’s Bait House is actually a church and that the gay couple violated the church’s religious beliefs by being gay in public.

(via ThinkProgress)

This entry was posted in LGBT, Worst Persons and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Lady Willpower

    I know quite a few muscle Marys who’d never in a million years get kicked out of this place. You try telling them they’re not manly enough, see where that gets you.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    The fact that the place is both a bait store AND a restaurant should be plenty enough reason not to step into that shitty place.

    • bbiemeret

      Add that to strip club under “places you’ll probably soon regret having eaten at.”

      • Clancy

        . . . except for maybe in Portland, Oregon. There, strip clubs have to also be restaurants. Some of them aren’t bad (or weren’t when I was younger and didn’t feel I could object when a manager or client suggested one of these establishments for lunch or dinner meetings).

        I can’t argue with the bait shop part, though. That sounds disgusting.

  • gescove

    That sign is misspelled. It should read Bigot Earl’s.

  • Nefercat

    Big Earl’s Bait House and Country Store, where yesterday’s bait is tonight’s dinner. Breaded.

  • muselet

    Isn’t it remarkable that “Big Earl” and his spawn rediscovered their distaste for gay people after Collin Dewberry and Kelley Williams paid their bill?

    Gee, a restaurant in Texas named “Big Earl’s Bait House” is run by bigoted troglodytes. Excuse me while I go drop dead of shock.

    • Lady Willpower

      “Durr durr the intolerant left are the real bigots!”

  • hanadora444

    Overcompensating much?