Have You No Decency?

SecedeBoard

The League of the South, a neo-confederate hate group, is outraged that their “SECEDE” billboard was taken down.

After the sign was put up on Friday, advertisers threatened to stop doing business with Lamar Advertisers, prompting the company to take the billboard down.

Michael Hill, president of the League of the South, said that the billboard should go back up, as “it’s not immoral or unethical.”

“Is this America, or is it Stalin’s Russia where you shut down any opposition and dissent?” Hill asked.

What is this, Stalin’s Russia? Have you no decency?

It’s not the least bit surprising that a neo-confederate troglodyte doesn’t understand the First Amendment but, just so we’re clear, the First Amendment does not shield you from public backlash.

Advertising companies have every right to refuse to do business with secessionist hate groups, but if this really were “Stalin’s Russia” they may not have such rights. In America, the state does not force advertising companies to do business with unsavory people. Is Michael Hill saying that it should? Does Hill secretly admire dictatorships?

I would ask if neo-confederate Lost Causers hate America, but I don’t really need to ask. It’s already in their billboard.

This entry was posted in Racism, Wingnuts and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Lady Willpower

    The invisible hand of the free market wins again. Don’t these guys love the free market? I sure thought they did.

  • Ipecac

    Yeah. it’s really odd to invoke the protections of a country from which you want to secede.

    • nathkatun7

      These folks are clueless idiots! They apparently do not know that the Civil War pretty much nullified the claims/assertions that individual states have a Constitutional right to secede from the United States. For people who claim to be loyal adherents of the U.S. Constitution, right wingers know nothing about the 14th Amendment. Advocating secession or rebellion against the United States government is treason!

  • D_C_Wilson

    If these assholes don’t want to be part of the United States of America, there are planes leaving every day. No one will miss them.

  • Draxiar

    Yeah Alabama, go ahead and secede. Whatever will you do without all of those federal subsidies (http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2011/11/states-federal-taxes-spending-charts-maps) you receive?

  • Toolymegapoopoo

    The funniest thing about this secession gibberish is that almost all of the southern states take in more tax money than they pay out. In other words, the moment they secede they will turn around and beg the North for money. Facepalm.

    • Christopher Foxx

      No they won’t beg. They’ll insist it’s due them because, y’know, it just is.

  • trgahan

    “Is Michael Hill saying that it should? Does Hill secretly admire dictatorships?”

    Well I don’t remember any Secede bill boards when Mr. Hill’s right to habeas corpus
    was negated under the Bush Administration…or when the Patriot Act was passed….I mean, it’s not like Mr. Hill isn’t just some a kneejerk, racist, authoritarian reactionary who only likes the Federal Government when his side is the one in charge? Right?