Let’s Be Clear

Just to make sure there was no confusion in his remarks, Florida State Representative Charles Van Zant (R) reiterated today that Common Core is going to make your children “as homosexual as possible.”

Appearing on News 4 in Jacksonville on Tuesday, Van Zant (R) didn’t back down from any of his claims. He reiterated that the American Institutes for Research, responsible for Florida’s Common Core policies, is “supportive” of “the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender agenda.”

“I don’t believe that that has any place being introduced into Florida’s schools,” Van Zant said. He called for Florida’s curricula to only teach courses like history and civics, subjects which he seems to believe are wholly devoid of gay people.

Granted, it’s been nearly 15 years since I last sat in a civics class, but I don’t recall anything in it about being an anti-gay bigot and conspiracy theorist. And I went to school in Kentucky.

The American Institutes for Research (AIR) does not indoctrinate children into homosexuality. That’s not even a real thing. You can’t make someone a homosexual by providing reading material to them. What AIR does on occasion is provide research material on LGBT youth by request only.

(ht Attorney Thomas Soldan)
This entry was posted in Conspiracy Theory, LGBT, Wingnuts and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    As Bugs Bunny said …

    –alopecia

  • Art__VanDalay

    I’ve been trying and trying to become as homosexual as possible, but keep getting stuck at being not homosexual at all.

    • ninjaf

      Bit it is working on him, dammit, and he won’t stand for it!

  • reggid

    You never go full homosexual.

  • http://vermillionbrain.blogspot.com/ Vermillion

    I just love that the article says “subjects which he seems to believe are wholly devoid of gay people”. The contempt and confusion are palatable.

  • Lady Willpower

    Anti-gay bigots really come across as the stupidest people alive.

  • DetroitSam

    I am not surprised that this clown says stupid stuff, but what baffles me is that there are people who are so ignorant that they believe what he is saying.