Outreach

via Media Matters

breadwinners

To be fair, Fox managed to be sexist toward men during this segment as well.

Co-host Clayton Morris said there’s a “biological, innate need” for men to be primary bread-winning cavemen.

I guess they were balanced but not necessarily fair.

This entry was posted in Super Stupid and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • D_C_Wilson

    You know, for people who claim not to believe in evolution, they sure do think people are controlled by “biological, innate” drives.

  • Christopher Foxx

    there’s a “biological, innate need” for men to be primary bread-winning cavemen

    And that need is called ego and insecurity.

    I wonder how many of the on-camera women at Fox make more money then their mates. And if those women would be willing to give up some of that income to make hubby feel better.

    Nah, I don’t really wonder about that second part.

    • bbiemeret

      It’s not always about making hubby feel better. Some women actually do think less of their lesser-earning partners. It doesn’t always start out this way, and it’s probably more cultural than biological, but after a while, many women desire the “being taken care off, role. They want their cake, and to eat it to. They want to be provided for, they just don’t NEED to be provided for.

      They should do a study on how women feel about their lesser-earning, or even home-making, male partners. I think the results might surprise.