Outreach

Republicans in Colorado are apparently under the belief that women would have no interest in watching a gubernatorial debate without a demeaning gimmick.

At the start of the “Women and Colorado’s Future” debate, the moderator explained that it would be like a dating game, where a panel of four women could interview the three “bachelors” — former Congressman Bob Beauprez, former state Senate Minority Leader Mike Kopp, and Secretary of State Scott Gessler. The fourth candidate, ex-congressman Tom Tancredo, did not attend.

The moderator invited the women to join the stage, saying, “It’s so much more ornamental if the four of you would be on the stage with the four of us.” Theme music from The Dating Game TV show played as the panelists took their seats.

Ornamental!

picard_riker_double_facepalm

There’s nothing funny about this, but at the same time it’s relentlessly hilarious.

It’s hilarious because it’s so typical of the Republican party. They believe their problem is not their message; the problem is how they deliver it.

Even if you believe as they do, I’d say they failed in this case. “Ornamental” says it all.

This entry was posted in Epic Fail and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    Do these bozos even know any women?

      Their mothers?

      • muselet

        Well, yes, but their mommies are different, not like those scary women creatures who react to them with laughter and/or pepper spray.

        –alopecia

    • Nefercat

      They may know some women. But I’ll bet they’ve never been laid by any.

    • ninjaf

      The women they know know their place and don’t question (out loud) anything that these men decide to mansplain. *eyeroll*

  • tomshefchik

    Jeez! I’m not even in politics and I know the word optics. What amateurs.

  • Hemisemidemiquaver

    “It’s hilarious because it’s so typical of the Republican party. They
    believe their problem is not their message; the problem is how they
    deliver it.”

    In the immortal words of JC Christian, Jesus’ General (An 11 on the absolute scale of manly gender.):

    Keep going Republicans, you’re doing great!

  • D_C_Wilson

    It’s hilarious because it’s so typical of the Republican party. They believe their problem is not their message; the problem is how they deliver it.

    Well, in this case, it was both.

  • Groundloop

    Also, Dude, ornamental is not the preferred nomenclature. Decorative-American, please.