“Radicals on the Right”

This may be the least self-aware thing you’ll ever see.

ROBERTSON: You know how the Republicans are, they can snatch defeats from the jaws of victory with great ease. The next thing you know, there’s a whole bunch of radicals on the right knocking off established figures and saying, we’re going to call on them to be responsible. Before long, the candidates the Republicans put out aren’t capable of beating the Democrats and so the Democrats laugh all the way to the ballot box and beyond.

Radicals? On the right? Ya don’t say?

Pat Robertson, a man who claimed gays wear sharp rings to purposely cut and infect people with AIDS, ran for president in 1988.

There’s also that time he said Jesus wouldn’t bake a wedding cake for a gay couple because the gay couple would be stoned to death before they could ask him to. Obviously.

And the list goes on. You can’t erase Robertson from the history of radical movement conservatism.

This entry was posted in LGBT, Wingnuts and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    Goodness. We’ve all been rendered speechless by Pat Robertson’s latest outburst.

    That takes some doing.

    If Pat Robertson is telling you to tone down the crazy, I’m afraid there might be some escaped max-security mental patients unaccounted for, or every comic book villain ever illustrated has come to life. More vindication for every seemingly hyperbolic word ever used to describe the Republican party and its psychotic base that gives it life.