This Was No Accident

Joni Ernst, the Iowa congressional candidate who spends her time slaughtering hogs when she’s not ‘unloading’ on Obamacare, is sorry about Elliot Rogers’ “accident” in California but lets not get distracted from the real problem: Obamacare.

This unfortunate accident happened after the ad, but it does highlight that I want to get rid of, repeal, and replace Bruce Braley’s Obamacare,” Ernst replied, referring to a Democratic Senate candidate. “And it also shows that I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment. That is a fundamental right.”

Here’s the deranged Cobra cosplay ad Ernst is refusing to take down.

While Elliot Rogers’ Youtube videos had lower production value, he too spoke about ‘unloading.’

Former presidential candidate Mitt Romney has endorsed Ernst and is actively campaigning for her.

I’d say Romney should be embarrassed, but that would require having shame.

(ht Kush Arora Attorney at Law)
  • Toolymegapoopoo

    Romney should be embarrassed? How are candidates still hitching their wagon to this doofus? How can they not be embarrassed to have this loser any where near them?

    • Nefercat

      Idiot Ernst also welcomed Palin’s endorsement, so clearly she is one ant short of a picnic.

  • Christopher Foxx

    I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment. That is a fundamental right.

    So is “The right of the people to be secure in their persons”, which would include not getting gunned down.

    (Hey, if she can intentionally misunderstand the 2nd, I can intentionally misuse the 4th to counter her.)

  • muselet

    Martin Longman makes a different point about Joni Ernst:

    I think the outrage has been misplaced. People make misstatements all the time, and using “accident” instead of “incident” isn’t really a big deal. What people should focus on is the basis of her reasoning. We get that she doesn’t want to do anything about gun violence and that she wants to take away the health care of approximately 120,000 Iowans. Those are policy preferences, and she can defend them. What’s harder to understand is why she thinks it matters when her ad was made or first aired. The question is about whether it is appropriate (in light of the Santa Barbara tragedy) to run the ad “continuously on all local television stations” when it “contains violent imagery pointing a gun directly at the viewer.”

    She doesn’t think it’s insensitive to keep running the ad. She doesn’t seem to understand why some people think it’s insensitive. That ought to be the real scandal here.

    And Joni Ernst is the leading candidate in the R primary. Thanks, Iowa.

    –alopecia