What Could Go Wrong?

Italian gun manufacturer Beretta has some tips for you if you’re looking for an extremely stupid place to store your pistol.

Together with the gun news website Guns.com, the manufacturer has put together a “down and dirty” guide to hiding handguns around the home. The ideas include stashing a gun in cereal boxes, laundry hampers, and old CD wallets.

I can’t imagine you would want to hide a gun from your kids in your cereal, so who are we hiding it from?

The guide, which Beretta USA posted to its Facebook page last week, walks readers through different parts of a typical home, offering tips. It asks readers to consider a number of factors, including who a gun is being hidden from: “Kids? Thieves? Jackboots?”

Jackboots!

picard_riker_double_facepalm

Here’s an idea: keep your gun locked in a safe. Kids are known to eat cereal and those stories about Jackbooted blue helmets aren’t real.

If you’re really afraid that you might need a “go-to gun” at a moment’s notice, you should consult a therapist.

This entry was posted in Gun Fetishists, Guns, WTF and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://vermillionbrain.blogspot.com/ Vermillion

    Look, I enjoyed Kill Bill Part 1 as much as the next guy, but this is taking it a bit too seriously!

  • muselet

    If I may be forgiven for being more of a literal-minded pedant than usual for a moment, who the hell is askeered of jackboots? They’re inanimate objects. It’s not like they can do anything on their own.

    However, that’s only slightly crazier than thinking Teh Eebil Gummint! is going to confiscate everyone’s firearms, stamp out Liberty and enact Agenda 21 (which is, as we all know, the UN’s scheme to steal all our golfs).

    As staggeringly stupid as Beretta USA’s Facebook post is, I’ll knock one or two “stupid” points off the company’s total score because its guide to hiding weapons where they’re guaranteed to be found by kids and bad guys was co-produced by a gun news website (TPM says the piece “appears to be a kind of sponsored content for the gun rights set”). On the other hand, I’ll add several hundred “stupid” points to the company’s total because its guide was co-produced by a gun news website.

    –alopecia

  • 1933john

    If it was kept up your ass,
    you would know we’re it is,
    and it would be handy and
    satisfying, but make sure
    the safety is “on”

  • Churchlady320

    Oh goodie – this is right up there with the loonies who used to stash their stash in tampon boxes figuring other nations’ border guards were too put off by them to search. Lots of Americans cooling their heels in foreign prisons. Lots of dead innocents yet to come, thanks to this similar wack-a-doodle advice.

  • Draxiar

    Snap, crackle, BANG!