Why Does Darrell Issa Hate America?

As expected, Grand Dragon and House Oversight Chairman Darrell Issa has reissued his subpoena of Secretary of State John Kerry and he decided to disparage the name of the State Department and consequently America in the process.

Issa said through a statement announcing the new subpoena. “The State Department had discussed May 29 as a possible alternative date and that’s when Secretary Kerry will be obligated to appear – further accommodation will not be possible.”

Does Darrell Issa really believe that the State Department’s refusal to confess to a crime it didn’t commit just because Issa wants them to is causing the world to lose faith in the U.S.? Does refusing to be a party to his ethically-dubious inquisition hurt our credibility abroad?

Why would he say that? Is his contempt for the administration so great that he would impugn the image of America to score political points? Why does Darrell Issa hate America?

If you’re looking for cooperation, insulting someone as you summon them is not the best way to get it. Ass.

This entry was posted in Benghazi, Ethics, Jackassery and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.
  • fry1laurie

    Was Kerry’s promotion to Secretary of State due to his help in the BENGHAZI!!!!! cover-up? Diseased minds (Issa’s especially) want to know.

  • Nefercat

    “… it’s no wonder our friends in the world are losing faith in us and our adversaries doubt our credibility.”
    ———————
    I’m pretty sure that this claim would actually startle the rest of the world.

    • D_C_Wilson

      I have no doubt, however, that Darrell Issa sincerely believes what he’s saying, though. It’s been an article of faith among wingnuts that the rest of the world hates and distrusts Obama just as much as they do. Since none of them ever speak to any foreigners, they can easily maintain that belief.

  • Christopher Foxx

    Is his contempt for the administration so great that he would impugn the image of America to score political points?

    You’re being facetious, of course.

  • mdblanche

    He hates us for our freedoms.

    • aynwrong

      What he needs is a double order or freedom fries.

  • Lady Willpower

    “our friends in the world”

    Yes, all those friends we earned via the good works of the Bush administration.

  • nathkatun7

    To this day, I still can’t understand why criminal Issa was picked by Republicans to chair a major Congressional committee! Darrell Issa is pure scum! He is one of the most unethical people! He will lie and cheat just to get what he wants.

    • Nefercat

      I do believe you answered your own question.

  • Sabyen91

    Some men just want to watch the world burn. Some just want to collect the insurance check.