Conspiracy Theory

bcs_benghazigate

This afternoon the Obama administration announced the capture of Ahmed Abu Khattala, one of several men believed to have led the attack on the American embassy in Benghazi.

That’s all well and good, but the brain trust at Fox News finds this highly suspicious.

Speaking on Fox News’ Outnumbered just moments after news broke that the United States had captured Ahmed Abu Khattala, Kennedy mused, “you have a former Secretary of State who is in the middle of a high profile book tour, I think this is convenient for her to shift the talking points to some of the things she has been discussing.

Did our national security apparatus conspire to synchronize their raid with the release of Hillary Clinton’s book? What’s really going on here? Fox News has questions.

Update... Abu Sufian bin Qumu, another suspect believed to have been behind on the attack on the American Embassy in Benghazi, was released from the prison at Guantanamo Bay by the Bush administration in 2007.

This entry was posted in Benghazi, Conspiracy Theory, The Media and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Ipecac

    Look, we all know that Obama really captured this guy to distract us from BENGHAAAZI!!

    Wait, what?

  • Nefercat

    Since they obsess about Benghazi non-stop 24/7/365, no matter when they caught any of the perpetrators, and no matter what Hillary (or any other Democrat) happened to be doing at the time (and they would be doing something), the right-wing rabid weasels can jump up and down and scream that it is all to distract from Benghaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazi.

    They are exhausting in their jacked-up, steroidal, demented, careening, caterwauling rage.

  • muselet

    The speed with which Righties can shift the narrative from “Obama doesn’t care about Benghazi! Benghazi!! Benghazi!!!” to “Obama only arrested this guy to puff up the Hilldebeast’s book sales” is astonishing.

    Tomorrow, the same Righties will pivot back to everything being a distraction from Benghazi! Benghazi!! Benghazi!!!, and down the memory hole today will go.

      Well, you know Obama planned the attack on Benghazi just to get folks to stop talking about his birth certificate.

      • muselet

        But of course.

        –alopecia

    • captkurt

      No surprise. It’s really easy to shift a narrative, however fast and far you want, when the narrative is so fluid that its only criteria are Obama bad, Obama scary, Obama weak, Obama evil.

      • muselet

        Agreed, but a normal person would suffer severe whiplash.

        –alopecia

  • desertflower1

    Do you have a link for that info about his release under Bush? That WILL come up in conversation.

  • Draxiar

    Seems like the GOTP is Wily Coyote setting their newest ACME trap for Road Runner Obama and he just keeps beep-beeping his way through it all causing the trap to backfire on them.

    • Christopher Foxx

      Well, that’s to be expected when the President is a grown-up.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    They’re performing an improv act in which everyone they’re talking about is as cynical and self-serving as they are.

  • PhilSimms97

    This sentence is untrue:

    Ahmed Abu Khattala was released from the prison at Guantanamo Bay by the Bush administration in 2007.

    I believe you mixed up the names of people implicated in the Benghazi attacks. The guy Bush released that was implicated in the attacks was Abu Sufian bin Qumu, the leader of Ansar al-Sharia in the Libyan city of Darnah

  • Nefercat

    I hope that when the vewy vewy bwave fox hosts ask scawy Hillary about this obvious “distraction” that she tells them that that is the stupidest thing she’s heard in a long time.

    And then laughs and laughs and laughs in their faces.
    And then points at them and laughs some more.

    And then honks a bicycle horn at them every time they open their silly-ass pieholes.

    And then nicely thanks them for the belly laughs, gets up, and walks out, shaking her head and chuckling.

    • muselet

      Must-See TV!

      –alopecia

  • hanadora444

    Because we all know that, if Obama hadn’t captured this guy whom most people have never heard of, nobody would have ever showed up for Hillary’s book tour appearances.