Credibility Problem

The new line at Fox News is that Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl became a loyal Jihadist during his time in enemy captivity, but the reports their story is based on have a very familiar credibility problem that has reared its head more than once in recent days.

via ThinkProgress

But the Fox News story that sparked the discussion, written by reporter James Rosen, is based on “secret documents prepared on the basis of a purported eyewitness account.” The documents also claim that Bergdahl had at one point escaped his captors and was later recaptured and placed in a metal cage. These on-the-ground reports are based on dispatches collected by the Eclipse Group, which Rosen describes as “a shadowy private firm of former intelligence officers and operatives.” The firm is run by Duane R. (“Dewey”) Clarridge, who was indicted for lying to Congress about his role in the Iran-Contra scandal.

If a rogues gallery of villains, including the likes of infamous Iran-Contra perp Oliver North, say Bowe Bergdahl is a deserter and a traitor, who are we to argue?

According to multiple reports from Bergdahl’s captors, he tried to escape more than once. His Taliban captors also threatened to kill him if news of his transfer was leaked to the press.

Does that sound like the actions and treatment of a loyal follower?

If Bergdahl did in fact adopt elements of their lifestyle during his five years in captivity, including speaking their language, in an effort to live some minute semblance of a civilized life, that doesn’t necessarily mean he converted into one of their disciples.

Fox News and the conservative entertainment complex has gone all-in against Bowe Bergdahl. No fact or revelation will get in the way of their new narrative. Changing the story at this point would mean President Obama may not be a secret Muslim and terrorist sympathizer after all. That’s our subtext.

This entry was posted in The Media and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    The unspeakable Sarah Palin actually managed to outdo all the other mouthbreathing Righty clowns.

    These are terrible people.

    –alopecia

    • Zen Diesel

      Wow Caribou Barbie has reached a new low. It will be fun to watch how the clown show slowly pivots from Berghazi…..to wait….. for it Benghazi. The only question is will there be enough time for the clown caucus to hold simultaneous hearings on Benghazi, Berghazi, IRS and draw up articles of impeachment before the November Elections, considering the clowns will probably only work two weeks this summer, and about three weeks in the fall.

      • muselet

        Taunting a just-released POW is just wrong and one would think even Sarah Palin would understand that, since one of her own kids is or was in the Army.

        I’m not surprised but I am appalled.

        –alopecia

        • BanditBasheert

          Yes her son Twit/Tuft/Twerp guarded brass ass in Iraq. Probably did it to get away from Mommy Dearest.

          • KarenJ

            A.k.a. as a REMF… I’m sure someone pulled strings to make sure Mommy’s Dearest (like that subtle alteration, Bandit? ;-D ) stayed far far way from the places his high school acquaintance Jeremy Morlock roamed. Otherwise who knows, Track Palin might have ended up in prison like Morlock…

      • BanditBasheert

        Snowdrift Snookie will never reach the bottom. She is a swamp of bitterness and hatred because “she” didn’t “win” the Presidency which she believed she was running for.
        That woman is an idiot!

      • KarenJ

        Good point about the laissez faire work schedule of the GOP-led House, which sets the tone for any business that requires funds, appropriations.

    • Badgerite

      And just when I thought I couldn’t possibly have a lower opinion of Sarah Palin. She opens her mouth. And every time she does one can’t help but feel a great wave of relief that the country dodged that bullet.

      • muselet

        Sarah Palin specifically name-checked John McCain in her Facebook post. A decent man would take the opportunity to make Palin regret her disgraceful statement.

        Alas, John McCain is not a decent man.

        –alopecia

        • Badgerite

          I think they put something in the water of the GOP caucus. The crazy is so pervasive. Maybe their aliens.

          • muselet

            Aliens. That makes as much sense as any other explanation I’ve heard.

            –alopecia

          • Badgerite

            Maybe Ghostbusters would work on them. But I doubt it.

          • muselet
    • BanditBasheert

      If only she really was unable to speak.

  • AJ Slemmer

    The Word Salad Shooter dares to critique someone ELSE’s inability to use English.