Desperate for Voter Fraud

The Republican party is so desperate to uncover voter fraud, they’re paying cash-money to find it.

“The Alabama Republican Party is serious about stopping voter fraud,” Armistead wrote. “So serious we are offering a $1,000 reward for information that directly leads to a conviction of a felony for voter fraud. Any suspicion of fraud or witnessing the willful non-enforcement of the Alabama’s voter laws needs to be reported.”

If voter fraud really is a widespread problem, would Republicans need to offer cash rewards for uncovering it?

How many calls will this result in that will lead nowhere or never had any basis? What could go wrong?

This entry was posted in Voter Suppression and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Nefercat

    “How many calls will this result in that will lead nowhere or never had any basis?”

    How many calls will this result in that will lead to lawfully registered and legally voting citizens being prevented from casting their vote?

    • Christopher Foxx

      lawfully registered and legally voting citizens being prevented from casting their vote

      I think you’ve stumbled onto their plan.

  • Toolymegapoopoo

    As Ashby eludes to offering a reward will cause the number of false accusations to soar. Of course the narrative will become “the number of people reported to be engaged in voter fraud has increased significantly in recent months.”

      That’s a feature, not a bug.

  • muselet

    “The Alabama Republican Party is serious about stopping voter fraud.”

    And once they’re done with that, they’ll tackle the threat of unicorn attacks.

      It could happen.

  • gescove

    My search shows the Alabama Republicans receiving about $1.8 M in contributions. So about 1,800 cases at $1,000 a pop would be enough to bankrupt the party. Since there are about 2,950,000 registered voters in Alabama, only a .06% fraud rate – yes, just six one-hundredths of one percent – would be needed to drain the bank account. Go for it!