“Disgusting and Disrespectful” Indeed

Open Carry Texas has decided that the National Rifle Association is too cute and cuddly for them.

In response to the NRA’s statement on Friday criticizing Texas activists’ recent tactics, members of the pro-gun group Open Carry Texas have been cutting up their NRA membership cards, and the group has issued a statement demanding a retraction of the NRA’s “disgusting and disrespectful comments.” Or else.

Open Carry Texas holds an event they call the “Mad Minute” in which they fire as many rounds as they can within 60 seconds at a mannequin that resembles a woman with her pants pulled down to her ankles.

Here are the results of the “Mad Minute” via Mother Jones

MadMinute-OpenCarryTexas

This group — these “Mad Minute” shooters — which recently took their AK47s and AR15s into Chipotle, Chili’s, and Sonic; is denouncing the NRA for being “disgusting and disrespectful” because they were asked not to carry their long rifles with them when they go for a burrito.

The ability to adequately mock this level of psychosis and lack of self-awareness is far beyond my repertoire.

If you were to confirm every conspiracy theory that exists about government surveillance; if the targets of that surveillance were members of Open Carry Texas, I wouldn’t give a damn. These would-be domestic terrorists need to be watched.

Whoops, I used the word “shoot.” The NRA says we shouldn’t use that word.

It’s a race to the bottom.

This entry was posted in Gun Fetishists, Guns and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Sabyen91

    “fire as many rounds as they can within 60 seconds at a mannequin that resembles a woman with her pants pulled down to her ankles.”

    There are some deep mommy issues among these mouthbreathers.

  • http://cendax.wordpress.com/ Norbrook

    It’s really amazing at how the only people who feel “safer” when they’re around are … themselves. Apparently no one else can tell the difference between a “bad guy with a gun” and “a good guy with a gun,” when they just happen to stroll into various public places carrying assault rifles. I still keep thinking that one of these days these idiots are going to walk into a place where some other gun nuts are present, and a shootout is going to occur.

    I grew up in an area where most adult men owned rifles, which they used for hunting. Many of them were also combat veterans. The idea that they needed to walk around constantly armed to be “safe” would have been met with scorn, and none of them would have dreamed of walking into a restaurant, church, bar, or public place carrying one.

  • RamOrgan

    Naw, JM, you used “shooter”. I think you’re ok.

  • muselet

    Josh Marshall:

    When the NRA has to announce that your gun activism idea is just amazingly stupid, it may be time to rethink.

    I doubt the brain trust behind Open Carry Texas will rethink.

    –alopecia