John Boehner’s Latest Excuse For Himself

BoehnerBawling

You know the routine Republican party line on immigration reform is that we can’t pass reform because we “can’t trust the president” to enforce the law.

Republicans have previously cited the Department of Homeland Security’s re-prioritizing of deportations to protect certain groups of people, mainly children and families, but today they have a new example.

“The president continues to ignore laws that he signed into law, violating his oath of office,” Boehner said during a press conference. “He did it again with the release of these Taliban Five and I reminded the president again yesterday that every time he does this, it makes it harder to gain the trust of our members to do the big things that need to be done around here.”

We can’t pass immigration reform because the president exchanged a group of prisoners for Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl.

Pardon my French, but that’s pretty fuckin’ weak.

The subtext is that you can’t trust the president under any circumstances. The reason you can’t trust him appears to be interchangeable. But let’s allow it to sink in, for a moment, that the speaker of the House says you can’t trust the president of the United States because he took the necessary steps to secure the release of an American prisoner of war.

I’d call that unprecedented.

Bergdahl Release

This entry was posted in Immigration and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • GrafZeppelin127

    It’s infuriating that an elected official, let alone one in Ridiculous Drunk Orange Person’s position, can get away with saying something this childish and stupid with no political consequence.

    • muselet

      Yes, but John Boehner can’t admit the real reason Congress can’t pass immigration reform: if it did, their base would eat the Rs alive.

    The gall of Boehner doubling and tripling down playing that sniping little bitch move game backed by a dripping sack of shit and his party’s shit-shoveling divisiveness that continues to brutalize America’s senses. He never had a problem squandering trillions of dollars on everything from impeaching Democratic presidents, defending DOMA, to two unpaid wars, to unpaid tax cuts for his billionaire terrorist buddies, to destroying the economy and environment to nurturing a congress that terrorizes good people into voting against their interests. John Boehner can’t get up there and say he hates the American people and through obstructionism and insurgency tactics his party has been doing everything in their power to make people suffer the sin of electing democrats. Small and petty little overachievers never taking a break from hurting people to get their way.

  • LTanya Spearman

    This show how US media are in bed with lame ass repubs.. Why didn’t the dead brain press asked, ‘what does Bergdahl release have to do with immigration reform? Why do Boehner keep change his excuse for doing immigration reform? Is that he afraid of the Teabaggers? Is the real reason you don’t bring immigration to the floor is because you don’t control your own caucus?

    Until the media get the ballz to ask real questions, they are just as useless as Boehner