Outreach

ScottFistler

Failed Republican congressional candidate Scott Fistler apparently believes that changing his very white name to that of a Hispanic icon will garner him the votes he needs.

After petitioning a state superior court last November and paying $319, Fistler now legally shares the name of the celebrated labor movement icon, Cesar Chavez. Earlier this year, Chavez (formerly Fistler) became a Democrat, and – before Ed Pastor announced his retirement from Congress – filed to run in the heavily Hispanic 7th Congressional District.

Here’s the best part:

In his petition for a name change, Fistler wrote that he had “experienced many hardships because of my name.

This may be the most naive white thing you’ll ever read; a white guy with a white name changing his name to something Hispanic because his white name brought him “hardships.”

I’m sure Scott Fistler was oppressed in ways that Cesar Chavez never will be.

This entry was posted in Super Stupid and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    The only hardships this yutz seems to have experienced because of his name are two electoral losses.

    Beyond that, he’s just a weirdo:

    Chavez did not respond to requests for a comment, other than to email the Arizona Capitol Times to say that because of how “flooded with calls and emails” his campaign has been, he is taking a break from media queries.

    “There is just simply not enough Cesar Chavez to go around,” he wrote. “We may resume questions starting May 10 [sic].”

    Chavez did lay out some ground rules for media questions, should he be able to get to them. Questions must be screened, no more than five questions, no question longer than five words and Chavez will not discuss his name change, he explained in the email.

    With any luck, the voters in AZ-7 will cast exactly zero votes for Cesar Chavez, professional lunatic.

      no question longer than five words

      OK, I’ll play.
      “Why are you so stupid?

  • Mike_Norris

    Loathsome son of a bitch…

  • hanadora444

    And, of course, when Fistler-Chavez runs for his next office using his shiny new name, his opponent will NEVER mention the name change!

  • bbiemeret

    It would be kinda hilarious if this yahoo got rounded up and deported because of his new “name.”

    “I’m telling you, I was born in East AZ, homes.”