Outreach

Michigan Republicans have this whole outreach to women thing figured out.

Their decoder rings told them that Glamour magazine is actually a Rosetta Stone for the female gender.

Swing and a miss.

Michigan Democrats responded in an excellent fuck-you-very-much manner.

This entry was posted in Stupid Party, Super Stupid and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    Apparently, Roger Pettalia said that—repeatedly—as a joke, then complained that his joke had been taken out of context.

    Fair enough, actually. Who among us hasn’t had a joke misfire?

    However, he then felt moved to issue a statement … erm … explaining the whole fiasco: “During a short break on the House floor, Republican Rep. Gail Haines, a leading advocate on women’s issues in the Legislature, gave some of us magazines to read and asked to take our photo with them.”

    Right, it’s all the woman’s fault.

    Again I ask, why would any woman vote for any R?

      It’s a joke in the sense that they thought it was funny. It’s like one of those bad rape jokes that mock the victim rather than the attacker.

      • muselet

        I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: Righties do not understand humor.

        –alopecia

  • Hemisemidemiquaver

    “Don’t say we don’t understand women.”

    OK, fine.

    How about these?

    1) You’re assholes.
    2) You’re pricks.
    3) You’re douchebags.
    4) You’re assholes (just in case).

    and

    5) You’re losing. It’ll take time but the end is certain. You will be on the losing side.

  • Treading_Water

    I wonder how many shots they had to delete because one of these idiots was holding the magazine vertically, centerfold style.

  • FlipYrWhig

    Well, as zippy as it is, I still don’t love stigmatizing fashion magazines as unworthy of “real” women, like in the Democratic women’s response. I might say instead “Real Women read bills. It’s their job.”

  • Christopher Foxx

    “Don’t say we don’t understand women.” #mileg pic.twitter.com/zsifsqrZ1N

    News flash, boys: Suggesting that reading posing with women’s magazines shows you understand women only shows how much you don’t understand women.

    #DemonstratingOppositeOfIntended