Outreach

One of the Right’s favorite martyrs, Dinesh D’Douchebag, apparently shares his thoughts on the unheralded benefits of slavery in his new book.

“Did America owe something to the slaves whose labor had been stolen?” D’Souza writes in the book, according to Fund. The answer is yes, but “that debt … is best discharged through memory, because the slaves are dead and their descendants are better off as a consequence of their ancestors being hauled from Africa to America.

Does America owe African Americans something for building an economy on the backs of their free labor?

Yes, but you need to let it go because we already paid our debt by bringing them here. Zing! USA! USA!

Picard and Riker Facepalm

The National Review described this as the perfect family film for celebrating the fourth of July. And as Lee Greenwood famously said, “at least I know I’m free even if those people were not.”

Let it be known that conservative media, from Fox News to The National Review, are big fans of Dinesh D’Ouche, creator of “Obama’s America,” and that D’Douchebag believes slavery wasn’t all bad. The Republican party owns his opinions.

This entry was posted in Super Stupid and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • trgahan

    I’ve always wanted people like Dinesh leave the bubble and actually say this in front of an audience of slave decedents. No body guards, no car waiting outside. Let’s see that “party of personal responsibility” in action.

    I am sure Dinesh would agree that the Native American’s should be thanking us for upgrading their continent so much. I mean in 1491 there wasn’t a single Starbuck’s, interstate highway, gated community, or football stadium! You’re welcome!

    • muselet

      I like the way you think. The only thing better would be to broadcast his encounter with the real world (“The following program is rated MA for language and violence.”).

      –alopecia

  • Nefercat

    “ancestors being hauled

    Their ancestors being hauled?! Hauled?! Like cargo, tools, luggage, groceries, junk you’re hauling to the dump?

    {splutter, splutter, daffy duck noises…}

  • muselet

    I don’t claim to be able to read the mind of Dinesh D’Souza (make up your own jokes, I’m a little pressed for time right now), but I’m not entirely convinced he believes his own shtick.

    He created his indominable conservative truth-teller! persona at Dartmouth and has just fine-tuned it since, lately adding a dash of those nasty mean liberals are picking on me! (get off the cross, Dinesh, we need the wood). He’s bounced around from wingnut-welfare position to wingnut-welfare position, mostly because he says and writes provocative things. It’s been highly remunerative, but it means he has to raise the volume every time.

    He’s Michelle Malkin in a suit, nothing more; and as with Malkin, the only things that matter to D’Souza is that liberals get upset and the checks clear.

    –alopecia

    • nathkatun7

      “He created his indominable conservative truth-teller!”

      And Dinesh D’Souza has reaped big rewards from that persona that he created. People of color who denigrate and minimize the history and current suffering of black people, and who excuse the injustices Blacks suffered and continue to suffer, are highly rewarded by right wingers.

  • bbiemeret

    +1 for both the ways you fit “douche” into that post.