Right Wing Cranks Harassing Bergdahl’s Hometown

Jane Drussel, the president of the Chamber of Commerce in Hailey, Idaho tells NBC news that they’ve been flooded with hateful and angry phone calls concerning Bowe Bergdahl.

“Well, (I feel) disappointment number one, just absolutely total surprise at how bad some of them are,” she told NBC News on Tuesday. [...]

“All these five years, never a word of any negative nature whatsoever. And now, after two days, I was shocked when late at night, watching (TV) I started seeing the dragon’s head roar. Comments that are just off the wall.” [...]

“(We’re) really surprised at the people who are calling — they are hate calls, they’re not just people voicing an opinion,” she said. “The girls just don’t even… we’re all just absolutely in shock, we don’t know how to respond to that to tell you quite truthfully.”

In June of 2014, “support the troops” evidently became “fuck the troops.”

Also — fuck anyone who even lives in the same town as the troops, apparently.

What does the local Chamber of Commerce have to do with Bowe Bergdahl? Nothing, but conservative lunatics are angry and they’re here to tell you about it.

Picard-Bird

This entry was posted in Wingnuts and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Ipecac

    I guess Bowe should have just waited with the Taliban until the next Republican President was elected.

    Jebus H. Christ.

    • i_a_c

      That’s exactly right. The RWNJs were all for getting him out of there until Obama actually got him out of there.

      These are some sick, cynical fucks.

  • muselet

    Speaking of upset, psychotic manchildren …

    “All these five years, never a word…”

    How many other “scandal’s”/flaps/events have the conservatives lost their shit over that also have this same preface to them? I lost count in 2009….

    • Sean Richardson

      Follow-up question: How many of them was it subsequently proven that Obama had actually spoken out about? Pretty sure it’s 100%.

  • Christopher Foxx

    Awfully brave folks when making anonymous calls. Who wants to bet they never spend a day in uniform?

    • Brutlyhonest

      I suspect many of the callers have. Part of what makes good grunts also means they’re susceptible to being easily manipulated. It isn’t an accident that christian fundamentalists target military members. And with faux news on most televisions in common areas (gyms, waiting rooms, etc.) I was in from the moment it came on air the brainwashing has been effective.

      • Christopher Foxx

        To be brutally honest myself, I, too, suspect many of the callers have. Part of what makes a good grunt is a willingness/eagerness to attack.

      • Sean Richardson

        I have a feeling that these callers are more likely to be people who aspired to be in the military but failed for some reason, so they see themself as protecting some kind of ideal that only exists in their own mind. I find it hard to believe that there are many people like John McCain, who actually saw combat and would still be critical of getting a POW back.