Ted Cruz is Running For President, For Pete’s Sake

CruzOathkeepers

Ted Cruz can’t have dual citizenship with Canada. He’s running for president, for pete’s sake. That’s why he has officially renounced it.

Spokeswoman Catherine Frazier said Cruz’s action became official May 14 and that Texas’ junior senator received written confirmation at his home in Houston on Tuesday. She said the tea-party-backed Republican “is pleased to have the process finalized.” [...]

Cruz, 43, was born in Calgary, Alberta, in 1970, while his parents were working in the oil business there. His mother, Eleanor, is from Delaware, while his father, Rafael, is a Cuban became a U.S. citizen in 2005.

The irony will not be lost on me when Ted Cruz’s origins of birth evade all scrutiny during the 2016 primary. It’s not as if he was born in that far away land known as Hawaii, and it’s not as if he isn’t white. John McCain managed to evade scrutiny as well despite being born in Panama.

They’ll say Ted Cruz is one of us, won’t they? Never mind that while he was at Harvard he refused to study with students who transferred from “lesser” ivy league schools.

Without a doubt, Cruz and McCain are American citizens, but President Obama didn’t even claim to have been born in another country to American parents and he faces accusations of being a secret Muslim usurper even today.

I wonder why.

Ted Cruz carries on the tradition of fake Texans who are actually Ivy League graduates from the liberal northeast.

This entry was posted in Election 2016 and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    Cruz, who has made frequent trips to Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina, the first three states to hold presidential contests, has refused to say if he plans to run for president.

    Isn’t that cute? He’s being coy.

    –alopecia

  • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

    Oh, I can’t wait for this disingenuous smarmy douche-nozzle to run with his Canadian passport in hand.

  • http://dadorq.tumblr.com/ Da Dorq

    Of course he is. This recalcitrant dickbag’s hyper-inflated ego and overstuffed sense of self-importance won’t let him stop until he’s left his sanctimonious shit-stain on the highest office in the land and left the country as a scorched reminder of a moral compass that points in the direction of true Cruz.

  • FlipYrWhig

    For what it’s worth, Cruz is Harvard Law, Princeton undergrad. (And I know I’ve shared this before: a friend of mine from high school was Cruz’s freshman roommate at Princeton and hated him instantly.)