The Bubble Genius Bob & Chez Show 6/19/14

cheney_fingers

FUBAR: Chez Back from the Dead; Brian Schweitzer ‘Outs’ Eric Cantor, Compares Diane Feinstein with a Whore; The Worsening Iraq Crisis; Troops Returning to Baghdad; Dick Cheney and the Neocons Were Wrong on Everything; Lindsey Graham’s Incoherent Strategy; The Middle East is FUBAR; Sectarian Violence with US Casualties or Without US Casualties; Obama’s Mistake; and much more. Brought to you by Bubble Genius, the BobCesca.com Amazon Link and the Bowen Law Group.

There’s more political banter in the Bob & Chez Show After Party. If you’re not a member, subscribe already. Only $6/month, cancel any time.

NEW! Download individual After Party podcasts for $2 each via our Band Camp page.

Download the mp3 (56 minutes, 23mb)
RSS Feed
Bob & Chez Show Archive

Bubble Genius

This entry was posted in Bob and Chez Show. Bookmark the permalink.
  • aynwrong

    @Bob_Cesca:disqus
    When I click on the podcast link all I get is a “page not found” page. Just thought I would let you know.

  • DJ Mauri

    me too. Can’t get podcast at all

    • aynwrong

      Don’t take this the wrong way, but its nice to know it’s not just me.

      • aynwrong

        Never mind I just got it.

  • muselet

    Chez, welcome back to the land of the living. I don’t think I could stand another Dan Bidondi clip show.

    You want to bitch about getting old? This was the number one single the week of my 30th birthday. Egad.

    Well, now we all know Brian Schweitzer is an irredeemable blockhead. On the bright side, we no longer have to pay attention to him as a potential presidential candidate. (As I’ve said before, Dianne Feinstein rubs me the wrong way six days out of ten, eight if I’m in a bad mood. That said, if he doesn’t have the decency to die in a fire, Schweitzer really needs to go and become some variety of monk and take a vow of silence.) Next!

    I don’t particularly like that US military personnel are moving into Iraq, but as I said earlier today, it’s not like the US has a choice in the matter.

    Chalk up another one for the warmongering, chickenshit chickenhawks in the GW Bush Administration, as al-Maliki—their second choice after Chalabi, incidentally, and wouldn’t that have been a barrel of laughs—turns out to be, and try not to be shocked, exactly the sort of sectarian partisan that people like John McCain solemnly assured us didn’t exist in Iraq. Can we please stop taking ignorami seriously?

    Bob, for what it’s worth, the ≤ 300 military advisors (I’m old enough to remember Vietnam, so the term makes my skin crawl) aren’t the same as the embassy security force, who are siting ducks. Agreed, the crazies who want to kill infidels won’t grasp the distinction, but the advisors are likely not to stick their heads above the parapets very often.

    It’s hard to know why The Alliance for a Strong America really exists, except to give Liz Cheney something to do. Certainly it’s hard to take seriously an organization that seems not to have bothered proofreading its own website.

    Lindsey Graham is even harder to take seriously than The Alliance for a Strong America. He’s hung out with John McCain long enough that he’s started making the same nonsensical foreign policy pronouncements. I’m only surprised he didn’t suggest the US form an alliance with Iran against ISIS and then attack Iran directly. And this knucklehead is 1% of the Senate of the United States.

    Dick Cheney is as pure a bullshitter as has ever drawn breath. Every word that comes out of his mouth is intended to advance his agenda, which is largely one of self-aggrandizement.

    The United States should never have invaded Iraq. In the crudest geopolitical sense, it was a useful counterweight to Iran, even though—or perhaps because—it was a comprehensively awful, repressive dictatorship. Thanks to the architects (ha!) of the war, Iraq has—entirely predictably—devolved into squabbling groups with various allegiances (not all religious) and expectations. All the US can do now is try to slow Iraq’s collapse into anarchy and chaos, in the possibly vain hope that someone will arise to unify the country. Ultimately, the civil war unleashed in the wake of Saddam Hussein’s ouster will have to play itself out, with all the horror and death and bloodshed that implies. And nobody, not even the Iraqis themselves, is going to like the outcome, whatever it may turn out to be. Thanks, Dick Cheney.

    –alopecia

    • ranger11

      Livin’ On a Prayer is still probably better than whatever is number one these days. They just don’t write ‘em like they used to in the good old days. God, I’m getting old.

      • muselet

        Billboard informs me the number one song on its Hot 100 list is “Fancy” by Iggy Azalea (featuring Charli XCX).

        Yeah, me either.

        –alopecia

        • ranger11

          For a split second I thought that was iggy Pop. Now that would have been really weird.

          • muselet

            I had a “Wait, Iggy who?” moment the first time I saw her name, too.

    Great show as always! Glad you’re feeling better Chez.

  • Art__VanDalay

    What movie was this week’s intro from?

      Argo.

  • jewelbomb

    Cool podcast dudes! You spend the first portion of it inexplicably pissing on the “far left” for some nonsense that Brian Schweitzer (who?) said, and then proceed to launch into a dissection of how fucked we are in Iraq. Chez goes on and on about how “we” created this mess without mentioning how the “far left” were the one segment of the population who came out firmly against the Iraq war. But what does it matter that they (we) were right about this clusterfuck as long as Brian Schweitzer, who (despite what you claim) isn’t really a huge figure on the left, said some stupid shit? Jesus, I know your show is free and you don’t own me anything, but you’ve really gone to shit lately. Between your Greenwald derangement (we get it, he’s an egomaniac; now why don’t you talk about something else for a change?) and your bizarre obsession with the irrelevant (and probably mentally ill) Dan Bidondi you seem really to have lost the plot.

    • Lady Willpower

      They talk about plenty of stuff besides Glenn Greenwald.

      • jewelbomb

        Busted! Yes, I was engaging in a bit of hyperbole w/r/t Greenwald. That doesn’t change the fact they’ve spend far more time mocking him than they have dealing with NSA overreach itself. The Greenwald stuff (as well as the Bidondi obsession) is starting to get a bit repetitive. I say this as someone who listens to the show regularly and even considered myself a fan at one point. I must admit that I’m a bit sick of their fairly recent tendency to lay into “the far-left” by erecting straw-men. And I’m beyond tired of how they pick on irrelevant nobodies (Bidondi) only to laugh gleefully at how clever they are like a bunch of high school bullies. Whatever. As I said in my first comment, the show’s free and they own me nothing. I’m just disappointed with what I see as the decline of a show that was once pretty good.

  • gescove

    I’m pretty sure Chez’s flu was so bad because chem trails.