The Bubble Genius Bob & Chez Show 6/5/14

bcs_bergdahl

Bergdahl: The Bowe Bergdahl Story; Republicans Turn POW Homecoming Into a Scandal; Bush vs Obama on Gitmo Recidivism; Bergdahl Would’ve Been Killed if the Swap Leaked; Greenwald Doesn’t Understand POWs and the Rules of War; Sympathy for American POWs Versus Taliban Prisoners; Chez’s Daughter in Studio; David Lee Roth is Amazed By Tattoos; Oliver Stone to Direct New Snowden Movie; The NRA Weirdo-Gate; and much more. Brought to you by Bubble Genius, the BobCesca.com Amazon Link and the Bowen Law Group.

There’s more political banter in the Bob & Chez Show After Party. If you’re not a member, subscribe already. Only $6/month, cancel any time.

NEW! Download individual After Party podcasts for $2 each via our Band Camp page.

Download the mp3 (55 minutes, 23mb)
RSS Feed
Bob & Chez Show Archive

Bubble Genius

This entry was posted in Bob and Chez Show. Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    Chez, that’s terrific news about Inara. You’ll get to see more of her and the logistics will be a lot less complicated.

    Bob, the Right was never going to give anyone a week. That would be a week in which the public would be able to celebrate the return of a POW and, if it felt so inclined, make up its own collective mind about Bowe Bergdahl. Frankly, I’m surprised it took Righties as long as it did to start flinging their poo.

    Joe Scarborough is a simpleton with a mean streak. His going to go after Robert Bergdahl is disgusting but predictable.

    “Do you think that we have people in Congress that hate Obama so much that they would actually do that in an effort to see the whole thing go south?” Well, off the top of my head, there’s Steve King, Louie Gohmert, John McCain, Lindsey Graham, Peter King, Michele Bachmann, Duncan Hunter, Dana Rohrabacher, Kelly Ayotte, Mitch McConnell and Eric Cantor. In short, yes. Yes, we do.

    Bob, I’ve said—ad nauseam—I miss reasonable Rs, and I mean it. However, the reasonable ones are cowering under their desks, begging the ravening hordes of TPers and other unreasonable types not to hurt them (in Charlie Pierce’s memorable formulation, Eric Cantor has John Boehner’s balls in a Mason jar buried somewhere on the Capitol grounds).

    “Obama’s Willie Horton moment.” Is there anything on this Earth the Right can’t turn into a puddle of toxic sludge?

    Bob, you’re expecting Glenn Greenwald to understand something—the traditional disposition of POWs after a war—that doesn’t support his worldview. In the wise words of Shepherd Book, “Not gonna happen.” Greenwald is, if anything, better at denying reality than any toothless inbred with teabags stapled to his hat.

    Chez, I agree with you on the movies. I think they’ll make Atlas Shrugged look like a hit, Oliver Stone or no (I freely admit I could be wrong), and I think you’re right about public opinion—which is unreliable when most respondents don’t have the slightest idea who they’re being asked about—regarding Edward Snowden being neutral at best.

    Bob, hang on. Maybe it wasn’t NSA doing the mysterious deleting of Luke Harding’s book; it could have been *scary music sting* Mossad! (Hebrew’s written right-to-left, you know, so deleting would be left-to-right). Or maybe the little man who lives inside his monitor took the day off and the temp who took his place was left-handed.

    Guys, I have to say: best guest ever.

    –alopecia

  • HilaryB

    Chez’s memoir IS a page-turner. I thought it was very good. I wish there was a Kindle version (hint, hint). I’d buy it again.

    I don’t really have anything to say about the rest of the show. You guys pretty much said everything I’ve been thinking regarding all of these dings.