The CIA Is Now On Twitter

The CIA has officially entered the realm of Twitter:

The internet is tickled and delighted.

They describe their work as, “We are the Nation’s first line of defense. We accomplish what others cannot accomplish and go where others cannot go.”

So now anyone can follow the CIA’s every unclassified move and let them know about it via 140 characters.

We’re tracking your every tweet, CIA! haHA!

As time goes by, the comments from the cranks and conspiracy theorists should be nothing short of comedy gold.

This entry was posted in Internet and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    That first tweet is a thing of beauty. Who knew spies (okay, fine, intelligence analysts) had a silly sense of humor?

    And you’re right, the crazies will be crank the lunacy up to 11 and break off the knob. (Just to get the outrage machine running at full tilt, I think the NSA should start its own Twitter account.)

    –alopecia