The New Normal

Clay Bennett editorial cartoon

Artist – Clay Bennett

In other news, it appears that Eric Cantor’s successfully primary opponent David Brat lied in the biographical section of his campaign website. His website says he attended “Princeton,” but Princeton University has no record of him. He did, however, attend Princeton Theological Seminary.

If you believe that was an honest mistake or inadvertent omission, I have some doomsday insurance to sell you.

Meanwhile, Scott Esk, a Republican candidate for Oklahoma’s state legislature, says he “wouldn’t have a problem” with stoning gay people to death. He’s a libertarian.

    Meanwhile, Scott Esk, a Republican candidate for Oklahoma’s state legislature, says he “wouldn’t have a problem” with stoning gay people to death. He’s a libertarian.

    I wonder if he’d have a problem with stoning libertarians to death.

    Sir Thomas More: Yes! What would you do? Cut a great road through the law to get after the Devil?

    William Roper: Yes, I’d cut down every law in England to do that!

    Sir Thomas More: Oh? And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned ’round on you, where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat? This country is planted thick with laws, from coast to coast, Man’s laws, not God’s! And if you cut them down, and you’re just the man to do it, do you really think you could stand upright in the winds that would blow then? Yes, I’d give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety’s sake!

    Swords cut both ways, Esk.