Angry Conservatives Block The Wrong Children

Angry, racist, conservative protesters who took time out of their day to protest and block buses full of brown children ended up blocking a yellow school bus full of kids from a local YMCA instead.

From the Associated Press

ORACLE, Ariz. (AP) — Protesters waved “Return to Sender” signs, shoved a group of mariachi musicians and waited for a bus of immigrant children that the local sheriff told them would arrive. At one point, they briefly halted a bus before realizing it was carrying children from a YMCA.

The bus of Central American children never arrived, ending a day of protest in a small Arizona town that drew more than 100 people on both sides of the immigration debate.

If they’re brown children and they’re on a bus, they must be undocumented parasites heading to the Ritz-Carlton processing center where they will watch big screen TVs, right?

Snark aside, it’s revealing that a bus full of children is automatically assumed to be a bus full of immigrants because of its location and occupants.

The transfer of the children from the border to a children’s academy where they would remain under the supervision of the Department of Health and Human Services was not advertised to the public, so infamous piece of shit Sheriff Paul Babeu took matters into his own hands and incited the protest.

Sheriff Paul Babeu is credited with stirring up the anti-immigrant protesters through social media postings and a press release and by leaking information about the migrants’ arrival to a local activist.

I’m sure there’s another explanation, but it would tickle me to death if the transfer schedule of the children was altered just to embarrass Sheriff Babeu and the protesters.

Two years ago Babeu called off his run for Congress after it was revealed that he was abusing his authority to bully his ex-boyfriend who was undocumented.

AZBabeuProtest

Old: Check
White: Check
American flag shirt: Check

(Photo: Nick Oza/The Arizona Republic)

This entry was posted in Immigration, Racism and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Victor_the_Crab

    These are bright people, aren’t they? [/sarcasm]

  • Treading_Water
    • 1933john

      And don’t forget those Eastern Europeans.

    • muselet

      Long ago, Gustavo Arellano of ¡Ask a Mexican! fame was asked about anti-brown racism. He replied that American racism was cyclical and it was simply the Mexicans’ turn.

      –alopecia

    • j hentai

      excellent cartoon!

  • 1933john

    Shades: Check
    Square Head: Check:

  • captkurt

    This reminds me of an incident from my youth that helped form my opinion of law enforcement. As a teen growing up in the Milwaukee area, my church youth group had a sleep over, which included a behind-the-scenes late night tour of the Milwaukee Police Department. That same night, Rush happened to be playing a concert at the nearby city arena.

    While we were being shown how the fingerprinting process works, a detective walks by, see us and says “All right, Rush!”, holds up a closed fist in mock salute, laughs, and walks away. Officer friendly of course assumed that we were kids who had been busted at the concert, and he could not help but express his glee at the thought that we would be spending the night in the county jail.

  • swift_4

    It’s time to get on social media and start trolling pretty much every town in America.

    The buses are coming to our town tomorrow! Assemble at 5 AM! Don’t forget your flag shirts!

  • Draxiar

    I wonder if any of these heartless assholes are asking themselves what kinds of conditions are causing these kids to travel for thousands of miles to a country they’ve never seen or been in? I doubt they have. I doubt they care about the reasons. Imagine the grief the parents (if they’re alive) of these kids must feel at sending their kids away to another country to avoid the violence at home. No one talks about the cause of the immigration of the kids…KIDS!… they only talk about the immigration itself.

    • muselet

      Not a chance. People like that don’t do introspection. Or imagination. Or empathy. Or …

      I wonder if any of these heartless assholes are asking themselves what kinds of conditions are causing these kids to travel for thousands of miles to a country they’ve never seen or been in? I doubt they have. I doubt they care about the reasons.

      I have no doubts on that score at all.

    • Christopher Foxx

      No one talks about the cause of the immigration of the kids…KIDS!… they only talk about the immigration itself.

      Of course. Being selfish to the core the only view they ever have on the world is how it affects them.

      I mean, look at this mugging victim in the street. Doesn’t he know how hard it is to get blood out of my new shoes?

  • HilaryB

    I don’t understand what they’re trying to accomplish by yelling at children aside from showing them that they’re not wanted.