Conspiracy Theorists Ask the Tyrant President to Ignore the Law

tinfoilHats

We have enough Obama/Immigration conspiracy theories to curate a wikipedia page at this point, but when infamous insane person Tom Tancredo spelled out his conspiracy theory he also said something else that is far more interesting and seemingly contradictory.

via RightWingWatch

Former Colorado Republican Rep. Tom Tancredo, said Wednesday that the crisis of Central American refugees at the southern border is “all part of a plan” by President Obama to “fundamentally transform America.”

Speaking with Newsmax host Steve Malzberg, Tancredo said that the president should simply ignore the Bush-era child-trafficking law that is complicating attempts to deal with child refugees.

If you’re the president you have to be confused because you stand accused of being an all-scheming deceiver who flouts the law, but at the same time people are demanding that you ignore the law.

The anti-human trafficking law Tancredo is demanding the president ignore is the William Wilberforce Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2008 which was signed by former President Bush.

The law requires that children who enter the country unaccompanied be granted a hearing before their deportation and that the children remain in the care of the Department of Health and Human Services. The law was passed in the interests of ensuring that we don’t immediately deport victims of human trafficking or abuse.

In this instance the president is absolutely following the law, but he’s facing demands to ignore the law because we have to get the brown kids out of the country as soon as possible regardless of why they’re here.

As for the conspiracy theory, this is what Tancredo had to say:

“And you know how this sounds, I know how people immediately go, ‘Oh, there’s a conspiracy theorist out there.’ Now, look. It’s not a conspiracy if he tells the world what he wants. If Obama says on numerous occasions, ‘I intend to fundamentally transform’ and then he begins doing it, it’s not a conspiracy. This is absolutely part of that.”

Duh. The president said he was going to transform the nation by fostering violence in other nations which would inevitably lead to the increased migration of children who would then be placed in federal processing facilities while they await deportation.

Boom. Transformed.

Tancredo is not the first person to demand that the president ignore the law, but he may be the first to call for ignoring the law while simultaneously accusing the president of creating the problem as part of some nefarious “plan.”

This entry was posted in Conspiracy Theory, Immigration, Wingnuts and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    When I encounter the latest brain dropping from Tom Tancredo, I don’t think, “Oh, there’s a conspiracy theorist out there.” I think something more along the lines of, “Why has Tom Tancredo’s caregiver let him go off his meds again?”

    because you stand accused of being an all-scheming deceiver who flouts the law, but at the same time people are demanding that you ignore the law.

    And the people demanding you ignore the law are exactly the people who could repeal the law, thereby accomplishing what they claim they want to accomplish.

    However:
    a) that would require that they actually do something (and Republicans are all about not actually doing anything) and
    b) dealing with the immigration situation is not what they actually want to accomplish. The only thing they actually want to accomplish is whining and if they make it easier for Obama to do what they want him to do, then they can’t whine about him not doing it.

    This is the Republican Party.

  • Nefercat

    Fifty years ago, these clowns couldn’t do any more than get themselves high on ditto machine fumes, leading to the next article to be snail mailed off to their special little group of like-minded nutballs. I think that was a good thing.

  • Churchlady320

    JM – that’s NOT what the president either said or is doing. WE unleashed the drug cartels starting w the Contras. We’re giving them money to expand law enforcement which IS important to helping to stop it. Big freaking difference.

    That said, I totally agree with you assessment of Tancredo. I’d like to note that his Italian forebears were considered highly undesirable by the British-descended people here when his came. He MIGHT want to reflect on that a bit. They didn’t consider any people from the Mediterranean to be ‘white’ then either. We survived and flourished thanks to those immigrant. We will do so with these good people, too.

    • JMAshby

      That was a joke, you know? I was mocking Tancredo.