Do Nothing Congress

Keep Out

Artist – Rob Rogers

The Houston Chronicle has an excellent article on how immigrant children actually travel to the United States and all that the process entails.

Meanwhile, border sheriffs are less-than-impressed by Texas Governor Rick Perry’s order to send 1,000 national guard troops to the border to essentially do nothing.

“At this time, a lot of people do things for political reasons. I don’t know that it helps,” said Cameron County Sheriff Omar Lucio. [...]

“I don’t know what good they can do,” Lucio said of military personnel. “I need people who I can hire who know the community, the language and who can help.”

Hidalgo County Sheriff Eddie Guerra also told the McAllen Monitor that the Guard troops can’t make arrests and he didn’t know what their objective would be.

Perry appeared alongside Attorney General Greg Abbott to make the announcement. Abbot is running for governor.

Photo op.

This entry was posted in Immigration, Open Thread, Rick Perry and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    Two heartfelt tributes to James Garner, one from Ken Levine, the other from Charlie Pierce. Interestingly, both reference the same (excellent and quietly bitter—of course, since it was written by Paddy Chayefsky) speech from The Americanization of Emily.

    James Garner will be sorely missed.

    –alopecia

    • j hentai

      amen! does anyone remember him as phillip marlowe in “the little sister”?