Harry Reid Trolls So Hard

Famous-characters-Troll-face-Troll-face-poker-45046

In light of today’s events, Harry Reid ponders if House Republicans will drop their lawsuit against the president. And I can’t stop laughing.

“Senator Reid agrees with House Republican leaders’ statement that President Obama has the authority to take steps on immigration reform on his own,” [spokesman] Jentleson said. “He’s glad Republicans have come around and hopes this means they’ll be dropping their frivolous lawsuit against the President, instead of continuing to waste the American people’s time and money.”

After their plans to vote on the pathetic border bill collapsed today, Speaker Boehner once again urged the president to take unilateral action just as he did last week when he said the president “has the authority to deal with it on his own.”

Here’s what Boehner said today:

“There are numerous steps the president can and should be taking right now, without the need for congressional action, to secure our borders and ensure these children are returned swiftly and safely to their countries.”

This entry was posted in Epic Fail, Harry Reid, Immigration and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    Once again, I don’t understand Lefty antipathy toward Harry Reid. No, he doesn’t yell and scream and throw pointless tantrums, but he’s an effective leader and (quietly) applies the needle to the Rs just often enough to keep them in a state of perpetual rage. What’s not to like?

    As long as there’s no meaningful penalty—like, say, being mocked mercilessly by all the assembled Sabbath Gasbags—the Rs will continue to demand simultaneously that Barack Obama take unilateral, executive action and stop taking unilateral, executive action.

    –alopecia

    • ChrisAndersen

      I’ve been a fan of his for years. Yes, he frustrated me at times with his unwillingness to change Senate procedures in the face of Republican intransigence. But I know the history of the Senate and knew where he was coming from. You just don’t change institutional rules and procedures on a whim (that’s what the Republicans do). Even if you it will give you a (temporary) advantage.

  • 1933john

     “Never mind what I told you–you do as I tell you” –  William C. Dukenfield