Here’s a Great Idea

Here’s a terrible great idea: let’s force every student in the state of Florida to watch convicted asshole Dinesh D’Douchebag’s latest sham documentary.

via ThinkProgress

Republican Alan Hays, inspired after seeing the movie in theaters, said he now plans on introducing a one-page bill in November which would require all 1,700 Florida high schools and middle schools to show the movie to their students, unless their parents choose to opt them out. The documentary film is a conservative-spin on American history focusing on elevating the “essential goodness of America” while discrediting criticisms about American’s checkered history with civil rights and social justice.

Even with low expectations, D’ouche’s film America has been a failure. A failure for which he has a conspiracy theory, alleging that Google censored search results for his film.

Of course it’s also possible you couldn’t find any results for it because it’s a pile of shit and no one cares.

This entry was posted in Wingnuts and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • hanadora444

    Apparently the only way they can get anyone to watch that movie is to pass a law making it mandatory. That’s embarrassing.

    • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

      Exactly.

  • muselet

    The Hollywood Reporter:

    America, the movie, espouses a conservative point of view toward telling history. D’Souza takes on leftist arguments that portray the U.S. in a negative light, and he specifically attacks Howard Zinn, author of the book A People’s History of the United States, often considered the most widely used history book in U.S. academia. The movie shows actors Matt Damon and Woody Harrelson praising the book.

    Confessed felon Dinesh D’Souza has a moan about The Man All Righties Love To Hate, Howard Zinn, in his latest con—sorry, movie is the polite term—demonstrating once and for all that even when he’s being a dick he can’t be original. And Matt Damon and Woody Harrelson? Who cares what they have to say?

    My favorite paragraph:

    Hays said his intent is to reach out to charitable groups that would supply schools with the necessary copies of the movie so as not to burden Florida taxpayers.

    Mighty big of him.

    –alopecia

  • Nefercat

    If that bill becomes law, and if I were raising children in Florida schools, I would not opt my children out, as if I were depriving them of an educational experience.

    Instead, I would have them leave/pick them up from school on movie day and then sue the pants off of the school district for requiring children to watch a privately produced movie espousing a particular political point of view, and while doing so, depriving them of a full educational day.

    I might not win, but I would sure try.

  • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

    What laws have been passed in our recent memory specifically intended to force children to watch a film? This is very curious.