House GOP Advance Boehner’s Lawsuit Which He May or May Not Even Care About

bcs_boehner_sobbing

The House Rules Committee authorized John Boehner’s lawsuit against President Obama today in a part-line vote.

The House Rules Committee vote was 7 in favor, 4 against. All the Republicans voted for it; all the Democrats voted against it. The legislation now goes to the floor of the House for a final vote, expected next week before Congress adjourns for a five-week summer recess.

“The president has repeated encroached on Congress’s power to write the laws,” said Rules Committee Chair Pete Sessions (R-TX). “Laws are not a mere list of suggestions from which a president can pick and choose.”

There’s more than one reason why this is awkward, but I’d first like to highlight one reason in particular that just occurred yesterday.

Speaker Boehner scolded the president yesterday for not using his executive authority to address the arrival of undocumented children on the border.

“I’d like to act. We’ve got a humanitarian crisis on the border that has to be dealt with,” House Speaker John A. Boehner (R-Ohio) told reporters Wednesday. “The president clearly isn’t going to deal with it on his own, even though he has the authority to deal with it on his own. But I do believe that Congress should act, and I hope that we will.”

During his press conference this morning Speaker Boehner was asked about the president’s executive order barring discrimination against LGBT employees, but he declined to comment and dismissed the significance of executive orders in general.

He can make his decisions?

Does John Boehner even remember what he’s suing for?

This entry was posted in Congress, LGBT, Stupid Party and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Christopher Foxx

    House GOP Advance Boehner’s Lawsuit Which He May or May Not Even Care About

    There’s a question about whether Boehner cares about this? It’s been clear from the beginning that he doesn’t. It’s been obvious pure 100% grandstanding for the base since it was first conceived. Boehner has never been serious about this.

  • muselet

    Does John Boehner even remember what he’s suing for?

    He’s suing in an effort—probably futile—to placate the ones Charlie Pierce used to call “the feral children,” in the hopes they won’t tar and feather him, and run him out of town on a rail.

    John Boehner is not a serious man, but he has excellent survival instincts.

    –alopecia

  • 1933john

    It’s Gimmick Number: 2014-205.

  • LTanya Spearman

    My question is to any journalist out their 1) who is watching how much this lawsuit is costing me? 2) Where the public funds will come from that will pay for this stunt?
    When are they going to repay taxpayer for their s/d stunt that cause $24B, or the $17B for the debt-ceiling stunt + a downgrade of the country credit rating from AAA to AA..

    They leaving on another taxpayer paid vacation w/o passing benefit bill for VA veteran, they screaming about children on the border, then said no to PBO proposal, no to senate bi-partisan bill & they have nothing, but scream at PBO to fix their mess w/o funding it. No to Transportation Trust Fund, funding, no to minimum wage, no student interest rate.

    THE AMERICAN PEOPLE FAILED TO GOTV IN 2010, LET NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE IN NOV. 2014.. GOTV 2014

    • Scopedog

      Oh no, all you’ll hear from journalists (and from some on the Far Left) is, “Well, both sides do it!”

      You’re right about 2010. All the bulls**t we’ve had to deal with for the past few years stems from that election; I send out a hearty “screw you!” to those who sat out 2010 to “send a message” and told us that Obama would move to the Left thanks to the Republicans taking over Congress. Yeah, that REALLY freaking worked out well, didn’t it?

      Okay, rant off. Apologies…