House GOP Demands That We Deport More Children

DarrellIssa

Over thirty House Republicans, the people who are primarily responsible for blocking comprehensive immigration reform, are demanding that President Obama begin deporting more children.

Issa and 32 House Republican colleagues sent a letter to the president, dated July 2, urging him to reverse his 2012 Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program to halt deportation of people who would be eligible for the stalled DREAM Act. They blamed Obama’s “failed policies” for the recent influx of unaccompanied minors into the U.S., mostly from Central America.

And if the president does not end the DACA program, I suppose Darrell Issa will have his next witch hunt.

The letter signed by Issa and 32 other House Republicans also called on the president to rule out a path to citizenship.

“You must make an explicit public commitment that you will not support legislation that extends legal status to newly arriving illegal aliens no matter the age,” the lawmakes said in a letter sent Wednesday to Obama.

House Republicans are demanding the president refuse to sign legislation that they have no plans to pass.

I’d call this trolling, but I don’t think House Republicans are clever enough to commit an act of trollery. What they’re doing is essentially rubbing their faces in their own shit.

There is no reason at all not to tie the greater Republican party to the unhinged protesters who blocked buses full of children yesterday.

These people are incapable of feeling sympathy or compassion for anyone who isn’t white.

“Won’t someone think of the children” has been replaced by “fuck the children.”

This entry was posted in Immigration, Racism and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Christopher Foxx

    “You must make an explicit public commitment that you will not support legislation that extends legal status to newly arriving illegal aliens no matter the age,” the lawmakes [sic] said in a letter sent Wednesday to Obama.

    House Republicans are demanding the president refuse to sign legislation that they have no plans to pass.

    It won’t happen, but he should call them on their shit. Challenge them to send him something so he can veto it. (Then don’t, of course.)

  • Nefercat

    It just occurred to me that these demented hate balloons might really go stark, staring, raving insane when the President leaves office in 2017 and they realize that not once did that %$#@*& ever say sir, yes, sir, to one of their stupid ass demands.

    I wonder if they will keep braying and barking at him even after he is out of office in an effort to force him to do their bidding whether it is subpoenas or a sudden interest in prosecuting war crimes or treason or whatever their rancid little brains can come up with.

    They want so desperately to force him to obey them and do what he is told.

  • muselet

    There is no reason at all not to tie the greater Republican party to the unhinged protesters who blocked buses full of children yesterday.

    Yes, absolutely.

    In Rachel Maddow’s segment on the Murrieta protesters last night, there was footage from near the Chula Vista facility where protesters and counter-protesters were jeering across the street at each other. One extremely white woman was grinning as she chanted into a little bullhorn, “Not our children. Not our problem.” She was proud of being a small-minded bigot.

    I’m convinced those people are incapable of feeling sympathy or compassion for anyone, full stop.

    –alopecia