Idiot Congressman Sponsors Amendment That Does Nothing

picard-facepalm2

House Republicans apparently passed an amendment to an appropriations bill last week which would prohibit the Department of Energy from doing something they have no control over.

They voted overwhelmingly Thursday to bar the Energy Department from blocking approval of offshore-drilling permits. But there’s just one thing: The Energy Department doesn’t regulate drilling. The Interior Department does.

The prohibition on the Energy Department regulating something that it doesn’t regulate came via Republican Rep. Steve Stockman’s amendment to a wider department spending bill, which also passed Thursday.

No word on whether Steve “If Babies Had Guns” Stockman’s amendment came from one of those chain emails he’s been spamming his colleagues with.

Conservatism is a mental illness.

This entry was posted in Congress, Environment, Epic Fail, Steve Stockman and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Christopher Foxx

    I say we give them this one. “We’ll let you have that amendment, in exchange for…”

    • Churchlady320

      Since chances are they don’t read this blog, I say you’re definitely onto something!

    • Treading_Water

      Tpublican negotiation:

      “Okay, as long as you Democrats overturn Roe V Wade, we’ll attach this totally useless amendment to the bill.

      What do you mean “No”? Why won’t Democrats compromise?”

  • Lady Willpower
    • muselet

      Bravissima.

      –alopecia

  • Treading_Water

    These are the same geniuses that atached an amendment specifically defunding ACORN to a bill funding the Department of Transportation and Housing & Urban Development passed in 2013.

    ACORN disbanded in 2010.