John Boehner Isn’t Fooling Anyone

BoehnerBawling

I highly doubt Boehner himself believes this bullshit much less anyone else.

“The crisis at our southern border reminds us all of the critical importance of fixing our broken immigration system. It is sad and disappointing that – faced with this challenge – President Obama won’t work with us, but is instead intent on going it alone with executive orders that can’t and won’t fix these problems,” Boehner said in a statement.

“President Obama won’t work with us” says the leader of the most uncooperative House regime ever.

To the chagrin of some liberals, President Obama has actually gone out of his way, both publicly and privately, to extend a cooperative hand to John Boehner and the Republicans.

And what have they done in response? Claim that he “can’t be trusted” to enforce laws.

But John Boehner and his colleagues aren’t fooling anyone. Any excuse is just as good as the next in their minds, but it’s obvious to the rest of the world that they won’t cooperate on immigration reform because their core constituency and many of their elected members are racist. Just ask Steve “Calves the Size of Cantaloupes” King what he thinks about immigration.

We do not live in a “post-racial” country and if immigration reform ever passes through Congress it will have to come at the hands of a Democratic majority in both houses.

Personally I don’t see the upcoming elections delivering a Democratic majority to both houses, however I believe the 2016 election will present an opportunity to regain total control.

President Obama’s announcement that he will pursue executive action on immigration just days after John Boehner announced that he will sue the president over his use of executive power could only be seen as sign that the president won’t be deterred by Boehner’s empty threats.

In other words, he essentially said ‘come at me.’

This entry was posted in Immigration, President Obama and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Draxiar

    How President Obama puts up with this nicompoopery is beyond me. He’s a better man than I would be.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    John Boehner does this stupid shit because he goes to bed at night and cries his eyes out over what the Tea Party whackadoodles will do to him if he doesn’t do what they tell him.

    • Christopher Foxx

      It says a lot about your party when their leader is scared of what others will think of him all the time.

  • Treading_Water

    “John Boehner is suing me for doing something while Congress does nothing” has become a standard talking point for President Obama.

  • nathkatun7

    If we all resolve to work hard, register people, get out the votes, I don’t see why Democrats can’t win the majority in both houses of Congress. We only need to flip 18 votes in the House. So far the so called vulnerable Democratic Senate incumbents are either ahead in the polls or are tied. There is a chance that Democrats may even be able to win senate seats in Kentucky and Georgia. So, why all this focus on 2016, when clearly we have a chance to win in 2014 to allow President Obama to advance his agenda?