Leadership

Artist – Rob Rogers

In other news, Senator Jeff Sessions (R-AL) is demanding that Republicans refuse to vote for any border bill unless the bill also prohibits the president from issuing more executive orders.

I guess we can add that to the long list of demands they’re making for a theoretical bill that they may not even vote on before leaving for recess this Thursday.

This entry was posted in Immigration, Open Thread and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • GrafZeppelin127

    Senator Jeff Sessions (R-AL) is demanding that Republicans refuse to vote for any border bill unless the bill also prohibits the president from issuing more executive orders.

    Oh, that’s brilliant. Sure, let’s eliminate Executive Orders entirely and prevent the head of the Executive Branch from running the Executive Branch.

    While they’re at it, why don’t they “refuse to vote for any border bill unless” Obama resigns, unless the Affordable Care Act, the Civil Rights Act, Social Security, the Income Tax are repealed, unless the EPA is eliminated, unless every building in Washington is named after Reagan, and unless they all get a pony.

    Seriously, WTF?

    • JMAshby

      They’re throwing in the kitchen sink at this point. Seeing what sticks. I can’t even guess what tomorrow’s demand will be in exchange for passing a bill.

      And let’s not forget the theoretical bill they may or may not pass could only be 1/3rd of what the president requested.

      • D_C_Wilson

        That’s all the bill going to be until after the election – theoretical. The Nut House is not going to pass anything that might give Obama anything he needs to adequately address this or any problem.

    • Christopher Foxx

      Seriously, WTF?

      This is no surprise. “If I don’t get everything my way I’m going to throw a hissy fit and take my ball and go home” is exactly what one should expect from petulant children.

    • 1933john

      Sweet Home Alabama!

    • D_C_Wilson

      Since the odds of the House actually passing any border bill before the August recess are about nil, this is just partisan posturing. He can go back to Alabama and tell his supporters that he tried to curtail Obama’s “abusive” executive orders (never mind the facts) and blame the democrats for blocking the border bill *Because, Shut up! That’s why!).

      Even though he’s running unopposed this year, this will help his fundraising.