Outreach

Representative Renee Ellmers (R-NC) has pinpointed the reason Republicans have trouble reaching out to women — they use big words.

ELLMERS: “Men do tend to talk about things on a much higher level. Many of my male colleagues, when they go to the House floor, you know, they’ve got some pie chart or graph behind them and they’re talking about trillions of dollars and how, you know, the debt is awful and, you know, we all agree with that … we need our male colleagues to understand that if you can bring it down to a woman’s level and what everything that she is balancing in her life — that’s the way to go.”

On second thought, maybe taking outreach advice from Ellmers isn’t such a great idea.

As you may recall, Ellmers made headlines during the GOP Government Shutdown of 2013 when she said “I need my paycheck” unlike the furloughed federal employees who apparently didn’t need their paychecks as much as she did.

DoingGreat

This entry was posted in Quote and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Sabyen91

    Projecting her own stupidity onto a whole gender. Interesting tactic.

  • Ipecac

    Holy crap that’s a huge level of stupid. I would love to have a clip of her saying that and then show some clips of the absolutely moronic presentations given by House Republicans.

  • Dennis Collins

    Yeah but like, you know that she’s like right, you know. I mean like those great big pie charts you know, can be like confusing because the slices are like not all the same size, you know and wimmen folks like to make certain, you know that everyone shares cause it’s like you know how wimmen are all like nurturey and stuff. If only the men colleagues could like use real gud examples like, you know-you have two boxes of cake mix and you have one can of ready to use frosting, is that enough to make three two layer cakes for the bake sale-then it would be real easy for the wimmen folks to understand the difference between like oh you know, the debt and you the uh … oh yeah, you know, the deficit.

  • Nefercat

    I hope she gets this. She is lots dumb cuz she does not get that gals have brains and that they are big like guys’ brains. And that gals get pie charts and cash and funds and bucks and loot. Cuz most gals are not dumb as a box of rocks and can think with their brains and can use words with more than one fucking syllable, Renee, you cretinous, drooling, peawitted simpleton.