Outreach: Angry Conservatives Protest Children Because They’re Brown

ImmigChildrenProtest

We’ve come a long way from those Christian charity commercials featuring a Santa Claus doppleganger that ask you to help children from South America.

From the Associated Press

SAN DIEGO (AP) — Homeland Security buses carrying migrant children and families were rerouted Tuesday to a facility in San Diego after American flag-waving protesters blocked the group from reaching a suburban processing center. [...]

Many protesters held U.S. flags, while others held signs reading “stop illegal immigration,” and “illegals out!”

How did this protest of children play with the locals?

Not so well.

Juan Silva, 27, a welder in Chula Vista, said he thought officials were transporting drug traffickers. Then he heard the buses were carrying migrant families.

“I don’t think people in that town should be against little kids,” he said about the protesters in Murrieta. “We’re not talking about rapists. We’re talking about human beings. How would they feel if it was their kids?”

According to the Associated Press, the immigrants on the bus, most of whom were children, were fleeing gang violence in Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras.

The protesters apparently want to send the children and their mothers packing because conservatives are all about wholesome family values and the sanctity of life.

Waving the American flag while blocking these children from even reaching an undoubtedly-cozy processing a center where they can eat something equivalent to a high school lunch is an embarrassment. Everyone who took time out of their days and lives to block buses full of children should be ashamed.

We’re going to have to rewrite all the films that show Americans coming to the rescue and instead write in a group of pasty white assholes waving their flags and misspelled placards who believe we should let the children die, because fuck’em.

(Photo: Sarah Burge, AP)

This entry was posted in Immigration and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Churchlady320

    These people are like a neighbor who harasses homeless people with lying calls to the police. Then she ups and calls herself a “Christian”.

    They are deeply racist, troubled people, and the folks in Murrieta DID push back in anger against the ones who did this. People overall feel sorry for these kids and will be damned if they will let a handful of sorry ass Baggers set the standard.

  • bphoon

    Northern San Diego County and southern Orange County are the home of the likes of the John Birch Society and Orly Taitz. Full of assholes and other knotheads. I’m glad to hear, on the other hand, that other locals pushed back.

    • muselet

      Murrieta is in Riverside County. Similar people, hotter weather.

      –alopecia

      • Truth Hertz

        Yes. Temecula “wine” country. Pfffttt!

    • mdblanche

      The Congressman from that area in the ’60’s and ’70’s once said the John Birch Society was considered moderate by the locals. He was only half joking.

  • muselet

    The standoff in Murrieta came after Mayor Alan Long urged residents to complain to elected officials about the plan to transfer the Central American migrants to California to ease overcrowding of facilities along the Texas-Mexico border.

    If the mayor had kept his mouth shut, the flag-wavers wouldn’t have known they were so enraged! about the transfer of people trying to escape violence and extortion.

    A meteorite strike would be too much to ask, but a swarm of modest earthquakes—magnitude 4 would be fine—centered around Murrieta would suit me just fine.

    –alopecia

  • desertflower1

    I would say that these people fleeing the violence in their countries are refugees, not “illegal immigrants” as these so called “Christians” like to call them. Seriously people? This is more than a little disgusting and embarrassing. Nothing like “treating others like you want to be treated”. Must have fallen by the wayside because…brown people? They’re disgusting.

    • bleedingheartliberal6

      Wasn’t Jesus “brown”-skinned? And, he had long hair and sandals – and hung around with a bunch of other brown-skinned hoodlums (I mean followers) who just hung on his every word of “Hippie” notions (I mean, his acts of love and generosity towards the downtrodden and poorest in our society)

  • WiscoJoe

    Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door…

    • aynwrong

      I quoted those same words on another site the other day and the response I got was a bunch of “patriots” telling me if I want them here so much why don’t I adopt a few of them. Oh and its all Obama’s fault. Because what isn’t these days.

  • Henry_Moody

    Released in 2003. About Australia. But DAMN if it isn’t a spot-on indictment of 2014 USA. (Or, a certain segment of the population, anyway.)

    http://youtu.be/r9nd3H9gkDw

    Hard working people from another land
    looking for a little more
    Coming to this country for a helping hand
    You know they sail their ships upon these shores
    And they are lookin for a freedom
    that most of us don’t appreciate
    But you know man we can’t let them in
    Coz the government’s full of racial hate

    And then they go the nerve to say
    They be takin our culture away
    even though our ancestors tried to do the same to the Aborigine
    Seems strange to me man strange to me
    Don’t it seem strange to you
    That a country founded on immigration
    is so damned racist too

    And i say Home
    Home is where the heart is
    yeah Home

    And then they go the nerve to say
    they be takin our jobs away
    Even though half the jobs that we’re working for
    are owned from overseas
    and the other half of the companies
    Yes Yes that they say that we rightly own
    They operate on aisle three third world
    That’s right yeah the sweat shop zone

    And I say I don’t know what’s going on
    Don’t know what the hell to say
    The government decides on letting refugees in
    and when they get here yes they are detained

    And i don’t know what’s going on
    Don’t know the reason why
    We live in an educated so called democracy
    Where everybody decides to believe in lies
    Believe in lies

    Home is where the heart is yeah
    Home.

  • Gayle Stamler

    I’m old enough to remember “good Christians” in Arkansas screamng into the faces of little black children trying to attend school, so I’m not surprised by this at all.

  • Stellours

    Where does it say how many of them there were? Was it like 20 or 2,000? They’ve almost always pointed out the count during other protests, like ‘fox exaggerates the number of protestors again’.
    Just curious.