Photo of the Day

Here’s Texas Governor Rick Perry with Fox News host Sean Hannity cosplaying as border patrol agents and posing with a machine gun as they patrol the southern border between Texas and Mexico, dutifully watching for the small, undocumented children who obviously represent a clear and present danger to national security.

PerryHannityBorderImmigration

Excellent photo-op. Excellent message. You’re doing great. Wingnuts would probably be more entertained if you actually shot some brown children, though.

This entry was posted in Immigration, Photography, Rick Perry and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Ipecac

    Is it any wonder President Obama didn’t want to do a photo op with Perry?

  • Art__VanDalay

    What a disgusting picture.

  • Robert Scalzi

    when these two are dead and buried the world will be a better place.

    • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

      Absolutely!
      They’re evil opportunists leading ignorant bigots.

  • WiscoJoe

    “This is not theater. This is a problem. I don’t care about photo ops. I care about solving problems.” -President Obama

    “Oops.” -Governor Perry

  • Lady Willpower

    Judging from some of your recent commenters, the only thing conservatives really want is to open fire on the unarmed women and children crossing our border. Just as Jesus would have instructed them to.

  • trgahan

    I assume Perry/Hannity picture is a tacit suggestion of a “solution” to the problem of brown children crossing the border? I thought we were the greatest country in the world but somehow Spanish speaking 5 year olds are our greatest threat?!? We don’t seem to mind having the kids father mow our lawn or mother clean our hotel room….

    Adding, I also want to know how it has been ok for conservatives keep theirs masks off over brown children crossing the border, BUT they had to run from Bundy for his knowledge about “the Negra”?

    Why, in this case, is the greater society letting this overt exhibition of fundamental xenophobic racism by a sizable portion of our population slide?

    • drspittle

      In the interest of “reframing” the “debate”, I think we should start referring to “children” as the “post fetal”.

  • drspittle

    Perry looks like Jim Jones in that picture.

  • Nefercat

    Well now, that’s a puke inducing picture.

    I am going to have to just stare at my sweetie pie all evening long to try to get that picture out of my head. Which will be a very nice evening for me but probably a nerve-wracking one for the mister.

  • jimtowndem

    fixed it for you , sorry tried to upload picture

  • aynwrong

    I didn’t recognize Hannity until I read his name in the article. And then, when I did, the picture got even more ridiculous.
    True story.

  • muselet

    Let me admit right up front that I know very little about machine guns. However, even I know that draping one’s wrist across a potentially hot bit doesn’t make one look macho, it makes one look like a burn victim; and putting one’s fingers near an ammunition belt is a great way to avoid being asked to count to ten ever again.

    What a pair of poseurs.

    –alopecia

  • HilaryB

    If only he was with Dick Cheney.

  • Ipecac

    Why the hell are they wearing flack jackets? Are they seriously in any danger whatsoever?

    (I know, to look cool and give conservatives a gun boner. Idiots.)