Super Stupid

Something this brilliant could only emerge from the mind of Louie Gohmert.

GOHMERT: “Well, the Founders gave us the power of the purse. It’s going to take a lot of courage to stand up to the president and say, ‘We’re going to start defunding anything that you care deeply about that’s not important to the American people.’ We’re going to start defunding the Attorney General’s office. We’ve got a bill that would actually, and we’ve been pushing to get this into an appropriations package, it says anybody that’s in contempt of Congress can’t be paid their salary. We need to do that, we need to start eliminating money for any agency, including the White House, that is not following the law. And then you get their attention. That’s what the Founders anticipated.

Yes, we’re going to defund anything the president cares about, just because. We may give him a Wet-Willy and put a Whoopee Cushion in his chair, too.

That’s what The Founders anticipated.

Picard and Riker Facepalm

This entry was posted in Quote, Stupid Party, Super Stupid and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Churchlady320

    He’s just trying to clean up Michelle Bachmann’s mess saying they’ll defund the entire Executive Branch (which happens to be all the services EVERYWHERE) because Congress hold the purse strings. Having engendered screaming from allies against her lunacy, Gohmert’s sweeping up trying to make it sound more plausible.

    It’s not working.

    • D_C_Wilson

      You’re giving Ghomert way too much credit for having the ability to think about what he’s saying before the words come out of his mouth.

      • Churchlady320

        I don’t think he did this on his own, nope. He was sent to clean up, and that’s what he manned up to do, in his own rapscallion way. He made it worse.

  • Draxiar

    Any time someone projects their will or interpretation of something as an appeal to authority their argument becomes thinner and in Gohmert’s case it becomes invalid. “When The Founding Fathers wrote this it meant that blah blah blah blah…”….”The Bible says this so rama-lama-ding-dong…”. I hope Gohmert jumps over his “one way wall” and can never return.

    • Churchlady320

      I Churchlady, am ROTFL!!! That is EXACTLY what he does, thank you!

  • Nefercat

    “It’s going to take a lot of courage to stand up to the president and say, ‘We’re going to start defunding anything that you care deeply about that’s not important to the American people.’”
    —————————————–
    It should take a lot of courage to get up in front of anyone and say something that fucking stupid.

    • Christopher Foxx

      It should take a lot of courage to get up in front of anyone and say something that fucking stupid.

      No, it would take a lot of stupid to get up in front of anyone and say something that fucking stupid.

      Which is why Gohmert did it.

      • Nefercat

        I stand corrected.

  • Nefercat

    “That’s what the Founders anticipated.“”
    ——————————–
    I’m pretty sure the founders never anticipated the stupid on a stick that is Gohmert. If they had, I’m pretty sure the House would not be allowed anywhere near funding decisions.

  • D_C_Wilson

    I’d say that this is all posturing and that Ghomert knows that such a bill to defund everything the president likes has no chance of ever passing. Not only with the democrats defeat it in the Senate, but there are still enough republicans in Congress with enough foresight to realize that such a law would be a disaster for the next republican president, especially when the neo-cons still have several more wars they want to fund.

    I’d say all that, but it’s Ghomert. He probably thinks this is a perfectly rational way to govern.

  • muselet

    Not that I ever take what Louie Gohmert says seriously, but I’d like to remind him of Article I, Section 9, paragraph 3 of the Constitution:

    No Bill of Attainder or ex post facto Law will be passed.

    Gohmert’s scheme would get laughed out of court even more quickly than John Boehner’s lawsuit.

    –alopecia

  • aynwrong

    Dear God.
    I would call this madness, but I wouldn’t want to imply that this statement rises to that level of dignity.