Super Stupid

picard_riker_double_facepalm

Steve “If Babies Had Guns” Stockman is apparently the comment troll of Congress, flooding the internal email system with wackobird messages about vast United Nations conspiracies, among other things.

“The principal individual involved was releasing DC letters every hour, on the hour, for a period of time running into weeks (apparently), in the belief that this was the norm,” Nate Pendley, Stockman’s chief of staff, told BuzzFeed Thursday. “I am grateful it has been called to my attention before we began to appear even more gauche.” [...]

“Steve Stockman is like the uncle that forwards you paranoid chain emails everyday, except this is Congress,” said [a former Republican] staffer. “Your first inclination is to reply with a link to Snopes, but you know it will only make things worse for you.”

Stockman’s office flooded his colleagues with gems such as “Protect the Second Amendment From U.N. Assault” and “Citizens ordered to turn in their guns? In America?”

I laughed at this for at least a solid 20 minutes.

This entry was posted in Steve Stockman, Stupid Party, Super Stupid and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Nefercat

    And Nate, old buddy, old pal, was the “principal individual involved” your boss, Stockman himself? You know, the creep that celebrated the slaughter of tiny children at Newtown by auctioning off a duplicate of the rifle used in the murders?

  • muselet

    Fortunately, Steve Stockman is getting on other Rs’ tits because he’s relentlessly flogging insane conspiracy theories.

    Unfortunately, their annoyance seems to be only at the number of emails, not the contents.

    –alopecia

    • Nefercat

      Good point.

  • Nefercat

    “I am grateful it has been called to my attention before we began to appear even more gauche.”
    Oh, honey, gauche isn’t the word we were thinking of.

  • Hemidemisemiquaver

    “laughed . . . solid 20 minutes.”

    I’m impressed. With me, by 10 minutes in, I have either a gigantic cramp in my side or a huge nosebleed. Or a cracked rib.