Todd Akin is Talking About Rape Again

Disgraced former congressman Todd “Legitimate Rape” Akin is certain that Bill Clinton is a rapist and he’s upset because Politico wouldn’t publish his accusation that Clinton is a “credibly accused rapist.”

via TPM

In one paragraph of its story, Politico described how Akin says he wishes Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney had addressed the controversy surrounding Akin’s “legitimate rape” comments at the 2012 GOP convention. It reads in the Politico piece: “[Bill Clinton] is giving the keynote speech at the Democratic convention in two weeks, and you want me to denounce a decent, God-fearing man for his inelegant comments about rape? No, not happening, and if the truth hurts, put some ice on it.”

Those brackets apparently eliminated Akin’s description of Clinton as “a credibly accused rapist,” according to his WND op-ed. Akin went on to recount previously reported sexual assault allegations against the former president.

“As I explain in the book, rape is a horrible crime,” he wrote. “I have zero sympathy for those who commit it. For this reason, had I been in Congress in 1998, I would have voted with my colleagues to impeach President Bill Clinton.”

From this we can infer that the supposed victims of Bill Clinton were legitimately raped, right?

I’ll show myself out.

This entry was posted in Epic Fail and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • GOVCHRIS1988

    There have been times when Sen. McCaskill has disappointed me as a senator, but she is in no way that lil hobbit.

    I mean, seriously?

    “[Bill Clinton] is giving the keynote speech at the Democratic convention in two weeks, and you want me to denounce a decent, God-fearing man for his inelegant comments about rape? No, not happening, and if the truth hurts, put some ice on it.”

    Everyone knows that Monica didn’t hesitate when Bill whipped out the former First Penis of the United States. Oh how I WISH that the Romney campaign took Todd up on his offer.

  • muselet

    [Bill Clinton] is giving the keynote speech at the Democratic convention in two weeks, and you want me to denounce a decent, God-fearing man for his inelegant comments about rape? No, not happening, and if the truth hurts, put some ice on it.

    1) Yes, I suppose “inelegant” is one way of describing Todd Akin’s comments.

    2) Crikey, the Rs sure are obsessed, even a decade and a half on, with Bill Clinton’s genitalia.

    Also too:

    The bottom line is that my career was ruined for my linking the words “legitimate and rape.”

    Get off the cross, Todd, we need the wood.

    –alopecia

  • labman57

    When Todd Akin speaks, the RNC cringes.