Wisconsin GOP Argue Over Who’s the Biggest Fan of Impeachment

JindalStupidParty

The clown show that is the race for Wisconsin’s sixth congressional district has apparently devolved into a competition to see who can make the most ridiculous case for impeaching President Obama.

All four Republicans running for the seat have their own reasons or variations of the same basic message.

via TPM

“He should be impeached for so many things,” state Sen. Glenn Grothman (R) said at the forum.

You begin to see the markings of a totalitarian state,” he added about the pattern created by the administration’s IRS and NSA scandals.

“So many things.”

State Sen. Joe Leibham (R) said that if Obama lied about how much he knew about the IRS scandal, that would be “grounds for impeachment.”

“His presidency is a scandal,” Leibham said. “He has destroyed America from the great capitalistic country it used to be.

America was destroyed and no one told me?

State Rep. Duey Stroebel (R) said the administration’s response to the Benghazi attack topped his list of scandals.

President Obama is doing his best to tear the country down,” Stroebel added later.

picard_riker_double_facepalm

Tom Denow, the fourth candidate who has never held elected office, agreed with the other candidates that a special prosecutor should investigate the IRS scandal, according to the Journal Sentinel.

Sometimes I wonder if Republicans will still be bleating about the IRS and Benghazi two years from now in 2016.

None of the issues they continue to campaign against will be resolved by 2016 because there is nothing to resolve. In their alternative universe, these are earth-shattering scandals that prove everything they ever thought about President Obama, but in reality they will remain as they are — fake scandals that led nowhere — and take their place among the undying conspiracy theories of yore.

This entry was posted in Stupid Party, Super Stupid and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Draxiar

    “So many things”…”presidency is a scandal”…”tear the country down”.
    In other words they’ve got jack shit and jack left town.

    • Hemidemisemiquaver

      I know Jack Shitt. You do not know Jack Shitt.

      For some reason which I do not want to know, that never fails to crack me up. I’ve also seen it (on a bumper sticker, no less) as:

      I do too know Jack Shitt.

  • Nefercat

    Really? You wonder if they will still be bleating like satanic sheep about BenghIRSi two years from now? Why ever would you think they might not be?

    It’s not as though they are likely to be bopped over the head with reason and intelligence any time soon.

    • Christopher Foxx

      Or would recognize either of those if they were.

  • 1933john

    Reads like four White Guys in a Bar
    talking about lynching a Black Boy.

    Fold a map of the U.S.over North
    to South, Wisconsin will merge with
    Mississippi.
    Coincidence?

  • captkurt

    “None of the issues they continue to campaign against will be resolved by 2016 because there is nothing to resolve.” Exactly. That makes it a perfect system. They will continue to beat these dead horses into the ground, to appeal to those constituents who they were able to get to believe all this shit in the first place. Once you believe in something that isn’t there, whether it’s really there or not doesn’t matter.

    • Hemidemisemiquaver

      Amen, amen, amen. Into 2016, we will still be hearing calls to “find out what really happened” and claims will still be made that there was a “stand-down” order given.

      An amoral drive to grab power by any means possible and then set about looting the Treasury.

  • WiscoJoe

    Fun fact: State Senator Glenn Grothman lives in his mother’s basement.

    • captkurt

      That’s the best thing I’ve heard all day! Though granted, it is Monday.

      • WiscoJoe

        It’s true! Cheeto-stained fingers cannot be confirmed.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Considering that you have Republicans who are still trying to bring down ACORN — despite the fact that they successfully brought down ACORN years ago over a doctored video — its not a stretch to suggest they have solid evidence to impeach President Obama, when in fact that have jack squat. I believe it’s called the Feces Flinging Gambit.

  • Badgerite

    Arrrrrghhhhhhhh! These are some of the people currently running my state. What could go wrong?