Huckabee Didn’t Call for Impeachment, He Only Said the President Deserves to be Impeached

Mike Huckabee insists that he didn’t call for the impeachment of the president, he only said that the president deserves to be impeached. Or something.

In an interview with Iowa reporters this morning, Huckabee said: “Let me be very clear. I never said he should be impeached. In fact I was explicitly clear. As often is the case, only half of what I said got quoted. I was asked the specific question: Had he committed impeachable offenses. And I said yes. But he’s not going to be impeached, and he shouldn’t be. … Impeachment ought to be something that would be used in the rarest and most unusual of circumstances.

He deserves to be impeached except not really and also he shouldn’t be because the situation doesn’t call for it?

Yes. That really clears it up.

This is what Huckabee said last week:

DEACE: Has this president done anything worthy of being impeached?

HUCKABEE: Absolutely. There’s no doubt that he’s done plenty of things worthy of impeachment.

Absolutely!

To say that he “absolutely” has done something worthy of being impeached is to say that he should be.

It’s irrelevant to back that up by saying that, even though he deserves to be impeached, he shouldn’t be because you don’t control the Senate.

It seems to me that if the current president or any other president really had done something that is “absolutely” worthy of impeachment, you’d do whatever it took to see it done. To say that it won’t be done because it would be very hard or because it wouldn’t be popular is to concede that the president really hasn’t done anything worthy of impeachment.

What I’m saying is Mike Huckabee is completely full of shit.

This entry was posted in Stupid Party, Super Stupid and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    “Let me be very clear.”

    Yes, please do. That would be a nice change of pace.

    What a bunch of nonsense. All Huckleberry is really saying is “We want the haters to keep hating, but in reality, we’ve got nothing.”

    • Hemidemisemiquaver

      Continued Huck:

      “And please send me money so that I can continue to say things that make you want to continue to send me money”

      At least it’s not money going to Mitt Romney’s third Presidential campaign. Wouldn’t that be glorious if he ran and was nominated? To get beaten by the first black to be President AND the first woman to be President? A fate ole Mittens richly deserves.

  • 1933john

    Again,

    “Never mind what I told you–you do as I tell you” – William C. Dukenfield

    Also, what happened to MrBrink?

    • JMAshby

      I wish I knew.

  • BanditBasheert

    If he would only speak a little louder, we could all hear him not say what he is saying.

  • Christopher Foxx

    To say that it won’t be done because it would be very hard or because it wouldn’t be popular is to concede that the president really hasn’t done anything worthy of impeachment.

    Actually it’s to concede that you’re utterly unwilling to make an effort. That you’re unwilling to do what you believe to be the right thing. That you’re willing to concede to evil because it’s easier to do so.

    Mike Huckabee is morally bankrupt.

    What I’m saying is Mike Huckabee is completely full of shit.

    That, too.

  • hanadora444

    And Santorum said “blah” people, not “black” people. Yeah, right.